#1 Yaeger

Yaeger

Advanced Member

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:Politics. I am a conservative libertarian

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

This is from yesterday's Irish Times. More and more people are getting fed up with the establishment parties, seeking real alternatives to the cosy cartel of Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Labour, Greens and a handful of phony "independents" making up the numbers for this corrupt government.

Four groups plan to register as parties

AT LEAST four newly formed groups are working towards registering as political parties ahead of the next general election.

The groups were formed in recent months and are at very early stages of development. The membership of each falls short of the 300 required by the Register of Political Parties.

Read more at

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/irelan...4274660362.html
-----------------------------------------------------
Michael Martin

#2 Yaeger

Yaeger

Advanced Member

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:Politics. I am a conservative libertarian

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

P.S. Direct Democracy Ireland sounds promising. Here is a link to their still under construction website.

http://www.directdemocracyireland.com/

I have met one of their key people, Vincent Salafia, on two other campaigns. He is a good man. But before I will commit myself I have to know how they stand on certain key issues. One of them is pulling out of the E.U..

Edited by skylark, 16 July 2010 - 06:12 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------
Michael Martin

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

P.S. Direct Democracy Ireland sounds promising. Here is a link to their still under construction website.

http://www.directdemocracyireland.com/

I have met one of their key people, Vincent Salafia, on two other campaigns. He is a good man. But before I will commit myself I have to know how they stand on certain key issues. One of them is pulling out of the E.U..

*They will ALL fall on their knees Yaeger.
Yes..the Direct Democracy group sounds the best of those new groups...BUT, I know
Vincent Salafia better than you...having worked on the Stop the M3 Road near 'TARA' with him sounding like a fool. Too bad he's assocciated with this group, because he's an 'out and out' Self serving ego maniac.
The people who really know him...have basically discredited him in 'A BIG WAY'. Nope, Ireland will NOT give up their 'Party Loyalists'. Forget it...we need a Coup/cum Revolution/'S'

#4 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

*They will ALL fall on their knees Yaeger.
Yes..the Direct Democracy group sounds the best of those new groups...BUT, I know
Vincent Salafia better than you...having worked on the Stop the M3 Road near 'TARA' with him sounding like a fool. Too bad he's assocciated with this group, because he's an 'out and out' Self serving ego maniac.
The people who really know him...have basically discredited him in 'A BIG WAY'. Nope, Ireland will NOT give up their 'Party Loyalists'. Forget it...we need a Coup/cum Revolution/'S'

*YO Folks,
…VERY INTERESTING development in Ireland, and check out the LINK below/full story:

When a national police association accuses its government of what amounts to treason it is time to sit up and pay attention.

Michael O'Boyce, President of the Garda Representative Association (GRA), said at its annual conference in Limerick, at the end of April, 2010, that the Irish Government had been `corrupted' and had been `bought' by developers and bankers. (A garda is an Irish policeman, gardaí in the plural.)

Mr. O'Boyce, speaking on behalf of the country's 11,000 gardaí, charged government ministers with sacrificing the country to protect `wealthy cronies' who had bankrolled the leading government party, Fianna Fáil. Such criticism of a serving government by its police force is unprecedented in Irish history and extremely rare in any western democracy.

Visit My Website

#5 hyundisonata

hyundisonata

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

It's about time the people of Ireland got it right. My old great great bla bla granny Grace O'Malley is probably turning in her grave at the state of Irish politics.

#6 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

It's about time the people of Ireland got it right. My old great great bla bla granny Grace O'Malley is probably turning in her grave at the state of Irish politics.

*Nah Hyundisonata,
...She's propably wondering what happened to 'her religion', and why she had to go through all that 'bowing and scraping' to those 'false histories' and their servants. Tah/'S'

#7 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

hmm,

even if the specifics on the actions do not amount to much, I think its significant that people are motivated to doing anything. Its a sign of the times...

Have to remember though that by climbing on to the slippery (politics) pole in order to reform it the reformers become part of the system and in the end once they reach power will want the new status quo to remain, so that they can stay in power for longer!

Catch 22???

Simon

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.