Bright Orange Light In The Sky

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Decco

Decco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Conspiracies; New World Order; Alternative media; natural medicine.

Until recently recently I have only been interested in political conspiracies, but on having heard of the Starchild Skull, I have come to giving the whole alien thing more serious thought but I am still not 100% convinced.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

About a year ago, I think but I forget the exact date, I saw this bright orange light or lights in the night sky. I was driving from Coalisland in Co Tyrone towards Pomeroy a short distance up the Thornhill Road, as far as I remember, and it was a clear starry night with no clouds.

Suddenly I saw a bright orange light 'fade in' in the north westerly sky from nowhere. I immediately stopped my car, switched off my engine and wound down my window for a better view. All I could hear was silence. The light was almost motionless, if anything it was slightly dropping in altitude. Then after some 30 seconds or so the light faded out. At first I thought I had just seen a meteor burning up in the earths atmosphere and I thought that the reason that I did not see it move very much must have been because it was moving towards me. I knew it wasn't one of those chinese lanterns because it appeared from nowhere, high in the sky, and there were no clouds for it to hide behind and then reappear, and it was far too bright. Then after about what I would roughly estimate to be about 10-20 seconds, the light faded in again in roughly the same area in the sky, but it was moving in a completely different direction, from south to north as I remember, slowly but more pronounced than before. This lasted for an estimated 30 seconds before it faded out again. Then about another 10-20 seconds passed before it reappered, again fading in, but this time travelling in the opposite direction for another 30 seconds or so before fading out again. I watched the sky for a further 5 minutes or more but the light never came back.

The best way I could describe this light would be like a mini sun. It was more than just a glow like you would get from a chinese lantern, it was hard to look at directly, like having a flashlight shone straight into your eyes.

I'm still trying to figure out what I saw that night; all I know is that it doesn't match any known phenomena, natural or man-made, that I know of. Perhaps there is some rational explanation, or maybe some secret technology they're testing, or maybe it's extraterrestrial? I would be interested to hear what you think. I think I have descibed everything as well as I can, but if you would like me to clarify anything please ask.

#2 Decco

Decco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Until recently recently I have only been interested in political conspiracies, but on having heard of the Starchild Skull, I have come to giving the whole alien thing more serious thought but I am still not 100% convinced.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Before anyone asks, I was not under the influence of any sort of drugs or alcohol when this happened :lol:

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

*’Sweeps’ NOTE:
...Hiya Decco. Welcome to the ‘Forum’, and thanks for your 1st Topic posting. Good one...sounds well thought out. Got your Messages from the YouTube Site;

To:sweepsfoxman

Hi,
Am I correct in thinking you are an administrator on Irishufology.net? If so maybe you can help me with a problem. I have been trying to register on the website to report a UFO but I have been having some problems. First of all I have been having trouble with the registration form. There is a random question that is asked, usually something like "Are you interested in UFOs" and most of the time it says that I have given an invalid response even though I have given a perfectly valid response, but if you do it several times it eventually works but it says that an administrator has to review your registration before you become a member. So passing that, I have this problem that I can sign in but I can't start new topics in the forums and I can't send personal messages or contact admins. Is there any way you can help me?

AND

Never mind my previous message, I just got logged in

*Yep...’passed you through’. It’s ALWAYS a ‘judgement call’, since these days ‘we’ are ripe with all kinds of ‘nutters’...as you must well know. Liked that...Wasn’t on drugs or alcohol AT THE TIME. I laughed and believed you. Showed you had humor too...which is a ‘Freeing Tool’.

I’ve had ORANGE sighting ‘here’ many times...putting in one Forum LINK below...
But ‘The Skies Of Ireland’ are definitely alive. Hope you’ll check out more of what is offered on this site and find it ‘opening’ and comfortable enough for you to be here and offer your own postings and ‘takes’ on other Topics as well. All best regards/’S’

http://www.irishufol...showtopic=10236

#4 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hello Decco,

I have no idea and therefore can only speculate about what it was.

I think that in Close Encounters Of The Third Kind these small orange balls were probes of some sort.

Just a guess, on my part.

Regards

Simon
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#5 Decco

Decco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

Hi Simon,
I don't think they were small but far away and very high. Unfortunately I didn't capture it on camera but I found this video on YouTube which looks almost identical, especially the way they seem to appear and disappear. The only difference was I never seen more than one at any one time, so I don't know if I was seeing the same one each time or different ones.