A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI DIES-CONSCIOUSNESS ‘TM’ TEACHER

LINKS/TRIBUTE TO A FOREMOST TEACHER OF MEDITATION

-The GURU ‘passed away’-Tuesday 5th February 2008…at his home and
headquarters in Vlodrop, the Netherlands. He was believed to have been in his 90s-

Attached File  Maharishi_mahesh_photo_lat_in_life.jpg   48.75KB   111 downloads

**I've put in below-'My Webpage'-a Beatles compliment Song to their Guru-Listen-Thanks/'S'

'ACROSS THE UNIVERSE'

My Webpage

*’Sweeps’ NOTE:
Below-PIC-Flowers being placed on the body of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi…at Tapo Ashram…on the outskirts of Allahabad-India…on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2008. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi…was the founder of the Transcendental Meditation movement and a one time ‘guru’ to ‘THE BEATLES’ Rock group. Would be interesting hearing input from Members here. Thanks/’S’

Attached File  Maharishi_Mahesh_Yogi_Funeral_Photo.jpg   159.86KB   115 downloads

*CLICK below on just one of his best selling books:

‘Science of Being and Art of Living: Transcendental Meditation’

Attached File  Maharishi_Mahesh_Yogi__BOOK_COVER.jpg   114.49KB   111 downloads

*CLICK below on ‘My Webpage’ for some of the LINKS-:

My Webpage

NEXT…’THE BEATLES’ EXPERIENCE LINK:

My Webpage

THE ‘GURU’S’ MESSAGE LINK:

My Webpage

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was born on January 12th, 1917 to a Kshetriya caste Hindu family living in the small village of Chichli near Jabalpur, in the central region of India.

After completing a masters degree in Physics from Allahabad university in 1940 he felt increasingly attracted to the spiritual life. He then joined the Jyotirmath and became a disciple of Swami Brahmananda Saraswati. After studying meditation under the guidance of the Shankaracharya for 12 years in 1953…he travelled to Uttarkashi in the Himalayas. Here he entered into a meditation retreat…enabling him to deepen his meditation experience. In 1955 he decided he should teach meditation to the world and so began teaching traditional meditation techniques. He also assumed the title ‘Maharishi’… which means great sage

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was widely regarded as the foremost scientist in the field of consciousness…and considered to be one of the great teachers. Maharishi had completely restored the thousands of years-old scattered Vedic Literature and its significance of theory and practice. He had organized it into a reassembled…total science of consciousness.
Maharishi's Vedic Science and Technology studies…claims to unfold a fuller potential of Natural Law…in human consciousness. It is touted as…the basis of improving all areas of life.

TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION:

*The Transcendental Meditation technique claims…a practical, proven procedure for developing more energy, creativity, and intelligence—for awakening the unlimited potential of your mind and body

During the practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique…the mind and body settle down to experience a unique state of restful alertness. As the mind becomes more silent…the body becomes deeply relaxed. At the most settled state of awareness, the mind transcends all mental activity to experience the simplest form of awareness, Transcendental Consciousness.
Scientific research has shown that the experience of Transcendental Consciousness is correlated with greater creativity, improved learning, higher IQ, better grades, higher moral reasoning…increased brainwave coherence…and improved neurological functioning of the body.

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI DIES-CONSCIOUSNESS ‘TM’ TEACHER

LINKS/TRIBUTE TO A FOREMOST TEACHER OF MEDITATION

-The GURU ‘passed away’-Tuesday 5th February 2008…at his home and
headquarters in Vlodrop, the Netherlands. He was believed to have been in his 90s-

Attached File  Maharishi_mahesh_photo_lat_in_life.jpg   48.75KB   111 downloads

**I've put in below-'My Webpage'-a Beatles compliment Song to their Guru-Listen-Thanks/'S'

My Webpage

*’Sweeps’ NOTE:
Below-PIC-Flowers being placed on the body of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi…at Tapo Ashram…on the outskirts of Allahabad-India…on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2008. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi…was the founder of the Transcendental Meditation movement and a one time ‘guru’ to ‘THE BEATLES’ Rock group. Would be interesting hearing input from Members here. Thanks/’S’

Attached File  Maharishi_Mahesh_Yogi_Funeral_Photo.jpg   159.86KB   115 downloads

*CLICK below on just one of his best selling books:

‘Science of Being and Art of Living: Transcendental Meditation’

Attached File  Maharishi_Mahesh_Yogi__BOOK_COVER.jpg   114.49KB   111 downloads

*CLICK below on ‘My Webpage’ for some of the LINKS-:

My Webpage

NEXT…’THE BEATLES’ EXPERIENCE LINK:

My Webpage

THE ‘GURU’S’ MESSAGE LINK:

My Webpage

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was born on January 12th, 1917 to a Kshetriya caste Hindu family living in the small village of Chichli near Jabalpur, in the central region of India.

After completing a masters degree in Physics from Allahabad university in 1940 he felt increasingly attracted to the spiritual life. He then joined the Jyotirmath and became a disciple of Swami Brahmananda Saraswati. After studying meditation under the guidance of the Shankaracharya for 12 years in 1953…he travelled to Uttarkashi in the Himalayas. Here he entered into a meditation retreat…enabling him to deepen his meditation experience. In 1955 he decided he should teach meditation to the world and so began teaching traditional meditation techniques. He also assumed the title ‘Maharishi’… which means great sage

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was widely regarded as the foremost scientist in the field of consciousness…and considered to be one of the great teachers. Maharishi had completely restored the thousands of years-old scattered Vedic Literature and its significance of theory and practice. He had organized it into a reassembled…total science of consciousness.
Maharishi's Vedic Science and Technology studies…claims to unfold a fuller potential of Natural Law…in human consciousness. It is touted as…the basis of improving all areas of life.

TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION:

*The Transcendental Meditation technique claims…a practical, proven procedure for developing more energy, creativity, and intelligence—for awakening the unlimited potential of your mind and body

During the practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique…the mind and body settle down to experience a unique state of restful alertness. As the mind becomes more silent…the body becomes deeply relaxed. At the most settled state of awareness, the mind transcends all mental activity to experience the simplest form of awareness, Transcendental Consciousness.
Scientific research has shown that the experience of Transcendental Consciousness is correlated with greater creativity, improved learning, higher IQ, better grades, higher moral reasoning…increased brainwave coherence…and improved neurological functioning of the body.

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...I've just put in the Beatle's Song 'ACROSS THE UNIVERSE'-Which compliments their time with the GURU. ...Main Page/Topic/Theme. Hope you all enjoy it. Incidently....it's ALSO the song NASA has just sent into Space. Hmmmm/'S'

#3 captain

captain

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:30 AM

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...I've just put in the Beatle's Song 'ACROSS THE UNIVERSE'-Which compliments their time with the GURU. ...Main Page/Topic/Theme. Hope you all enjoy it. Incidently....it's ALSO the song NASA has just sent into Space. Hmmmm/'S'

-Great nostalgia Sweeps...with reference carried even on to 'Today's' Scene, with the NASA space shot sending the Beatle's 'Across The Univers' song 'UP' for the ET's to listen to. No doubt-THERE IS a reason this was done. The '60'S'-SIMPLY A TRANSITIONAL ERA. Today's generation takes a poor SECOND, in both Music-which is raucous/without message-and in understanding the History 'Of Anything'. Thaniks-Captain