Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Israeli Missile Defence System For Passenger Aircraft.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

Israeli missile defence system for passenger aircraft.

This reminds me of Star Trek phasers!!! Can I have similar for my car please? Preferably able to detect speed cameras enforcing absurdly low speed limits for the type of road, such as introduced by car-hating politicians, cyclists and environmentalists who think that its good to travel slowly. (after all, sloth [ie: slowness] is one of the seven deadly sins)

As one of the comments suggests, a version which can detect the source of the missile and cause it to explode even before being fired is being developed.

Simon
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

*'Sweeps NOTE:
...All 'fine and dandy', except that scientific technology advances and counters. 'WE' now have lasers to be fitted on Tanks AND Ships which can intercept Missiles and bombs/etc. and they are less expensive.

In Future...a short one...there will be hand held/shoulder fired LASERS. The Lasers/infra-red detection devices on air liners WON'T be able to deflect a LASER beam fired at it. So, back to the drawing board again huh?

All these defensive tactics and revolutionary designs and expensive implimentation now only will enjoy a short time 'in the Sun' before they are replaced for obsolecence...and uselessness.

Right though it does sound like fun and something I'd like to play with...give me a Star Trek Phaser....I'll deal with the consequences of obsolecence, but 'beware'. Tah/'S'

ps-Simon...We all know about 'slow drivers'. Do you know that in the 'States' tickets are handed out to slow drivers for 'impeding traffic'? Never seen that 'over here'.

And speed limits being made for 'the lowest common denominator' of poorly reflexed, the aged, alcohol and drug consuming, and mentally challenged (most people) Drivers. Is it any wonder 'road rage' is growing? Yep 'we' need phasers ;) /'S'