• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

I have a question.

I would image that most here have heard of the TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) and TTIP (Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership) trade deals, both of which are being discussed behind closed doors so that ordinary people will not learn what they are really about until after they have been signed. The assumed idea being to prevent democratic accountability, etc.

From the little that has leaked out it seems that included in the provisions of these trade deals would be the granting of personhood to corporations, with them effectively gaining rights at the expense of ordinary people.

So, why would this be? Is it just greedy corporations? Or could something even worse be at play?

My muse... AI - yes, artificial intelligence. We already have Google, Apple and Microsoft voice recognition and other data mining services and we often wonder at the computing power behind these. Could it be that it is already advanced enough for it to have become sentient?

If so, could this AI sentience also have gained control of "mission critical" computer systems which if they were to go down would very seriously damage our nations - and be holding our leaders to ransom? Introduce xyz or else?

I stress, I do not have any knowledge that HAL has done this. It is just a crazy idea / hunch.

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.