#1 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:all and anything Paranormal - Ufo - Spirit - Egypt
    my other websites http://www.reocities.com/love-network/index.html
    blues guitar - travel - music (my photos of groups http://thecameronsclub.webs.com/apps/photos/ )

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

http://www.guardian..../strong></span>

The extradition of the computer hacker Gary McKinnon has been put on hold after the home secretary, Theresa May, agreed to an adjournment of a judicial review that was supposed to start within days.

New government starting to act???

Today is only Yesterdays Tomorrow

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/2...adition-on-hold

The extradition of the computer hacker Gary McKinnon has been put on hold after the home secretary, Theresa May, agreed to an adjournment of a judicial review that was supposed to start within days.

New government starting to act???

*Yo Seth and All,
...YES, heard of this alright. Was waiting for MORE news on this...from his mom Janis...it would be TERRIFIC if the new government intervened in this horribly wrong matter. We did a 'Sweeps' Fox Show with Gary and kept up as much pressure as we could. BTW...'Simon' was on the phone to us during that show. This whole issue of sending Brits to be tried/extradicted to the 'States' automatically at 'their' behest...has to be 'the end all and be all' of US interference world wide. How the Hell could Britain have even gone along with such a political move and approve of British Citizens being 'automatically' on call by the 'States'? Maybe we all have some hope here/'S' ;)

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

*Yo Seth and All,
...YES, heard of this alright. Was waiting for MORE news on this...from his mom Janis...it would be TERRIFIC if the new government intervened in this horribly wrong matter. We did a 'Sweeps' Fox Show with Gary and kept up as much pressure as we could. BTW...'Simon' was on the phone to us during that show. This whole issue of sending Brits to be tried/extradicted to the 'States' automatically at 'their' behest...has to be 'the end all and be all' of US interference world wide. How the Hell could Britain have even gone along with such a political move and approve of British Citizens being 'automatically' on call by the 'States'? Maybe we all have some hope here/'S' ;)

*Addendum:
...Folks can CLICK below on the 'My Website' Link for the original Topic on Gary...inclusive.Or use the 'Forum' Search Engine for 'McKinnon' for other of his Topics/'S'

Visit My Website

#4 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

yup, I was in a shop buying lunch and the phone rang... Sweeps put me on air.

Stopping Gary's extradition is very much worthwhile - but only represents part of the issue. We need the info he found making public too.

OK, many will not believe him, as he was on dope, and has since been diagnosed as having a condition... in other words, he has been 'got at' to make everyone think that he is mentally unwell and as a consequent to make it easier to debunk the reality of any info about what he found.

Simon

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#5 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

yup, I was in a shop buying lunch and the phone rang... Sweeps put me on air.

Stopping Gary's extradition is very much worthwhile - but only represents part of the issue. We need the info he found making public too.

OK, many will not believe him, as he was on dope, and has since been diagnosed as having a condition... in other words, he has been 'got at' to make everyone think that he is mentally unwell and as a consequent to make it easier to debunk the reality of any info about what he found.

Simon

*As when it 'plays out well for Gary', that would be OK. Then, if he were to release his info...lots of folks, who followed his plight/story from around the world, would 'take it in'. It would sure be 'A big stick in the eye' to those Hidding the Truth all these years...if Gary was Sprung, after all their attempts to silence, prey, & incarcerate him.
Meanwhile...we're hearing that the NEW government in Britain, while tightening everyone's belt, are perhaps going to SCRAP the ID Card, Not back the EU so fully, and certainly not going to give MONEY to bolster the Euro. Times are changing alright...there are some Beams of light around the 'Gatering Storm'. Hope springs eternal Huh?/'S' ;)

#6 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

*As when it 'plays out well for Gary', that would be OK. Then, if he were to release his info...lots of folks, who followed his plight/story from around the world, would 'take it in'. It would sure be 'A big stick in the eye' to those Hidding the Truth all these years...if Gary was Sprung, after all their attempts to silence, prey, & incarcerate him.
Meanwhile...we're hearing that the NEW government in Britain, while tightening everyone's belt, are perhaps going to SCRAP the ID Card, Not back the EU so fully, and certainly not going to give MONEY to bolster the Euro. Times are changing alright...there are some Beams of light around the 'Gatering Storm'. Hope springs eternal Huh?/'S' :D

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
…SAD Update here folks. CLEGG, the new Deputy PM has done a 180 degree turn, now wavering in his support of Gary McKinnon not being extradited after all. Read this whole 'Turn about' just below. Comments/opinions please. Thanks…and I'm completely set back by this political 'Lack of Will'/Flip Flopping/caving to the US, on this issue/'S' ;)

LIB-DEM LEADER Nick Clegg has performed an about face on the Government's power to stop the US from extraditing accused UK hacker Gary McKinnon.

The Deputy Prime Minister has thrown the prospect of a Home Office tribunal for McKinnon into doubt after suggesting that neither he nor anyone else in the coalition can save the UFO hunter from a US show trial.

While out of the government Clegg was a long time supporter of McKinnon, believing extradition would be a contravention of human rights. He sharply criticised Alan Johnson, the previous Home Secretary, for claiming he was powerless to intervene.

"It's simply not good enough for Alan Johnson to shrug his shoulders and claim that nothing can be done," Clegg wrote in the Daily Mail back in 2009.

"It's completely within his power to enact amendments from the Police and Justice Act, which would allow Gary McKinnon to be tried over here," Clegg protested at the time.

Then, on a BBC radio interview yesterday, Clegg completely reversed his position. The powers he had claimed were possessed by Johnson apparently had somehow vanished once Clegg himself joined the Government.

"What I haven't got power to do, neither has the Home Secretary neither has even the Prime Minister, is to completely reverse and undo certain legal aspects of this," he whinnied.

Clegg continued, "That of course you wouldn't want politicians to do. That's what we are looking at at the moment. It's legally very complex. But on the sort of morality and principle of it, I haven't changed my view one bit."

What's going on? The new coalition government is already rolling over under US pressure to take McKinnon away for trial and likely a very long prison term overseas. Clegg's protestations that his moral view hasn't changed apparently will be worth nothing for McKinnon.

The US wants to get its claws on McKinnnon…after it claimed he caused $800,000 in damages during his searches for UFO coverups on US military and NASA networks. The US is still reeling from "the biggest military hack of all time" after being badly embarrassed by the autistic McKinnon.

A self-confessed bumbling computer nerd who suffers from Asperger syndrome wrote a simple Perl script that tied together other people's programs and searched for blank passwords, circumventing what should have been some of the world's most secure computer systems.

Now the US government wants to make a severe example of him out of a desire for revenge. And the lame UK Government won't prevent it.

#7 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Today is the day (Tues 16th Oct 2012) when the Home Secretary announces whether Gary is being extradited, or not.

Simon

#8 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Thankfully the news is good - Gary will NOT be extradited to the USA.

One reason I heard being that he would likely commit suicide if he was extradited.

Simon

#9 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

*YO and WOW Simon :excl: :) ,
...Have yet to hear the 'official story'/whatever. But this is such initial good news for a change for Gary. One wonders what his health is like now, and if he is indeed in good care. One hopes. Thanks for all your updates on this issue/topic./'S'

#10 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

*’Sweeps’ NOTE:
...A fuller story on Gary McKinnon is included below. At the end of this story, readers will see a lawyer, who labels himself ‘A heartless bastard’ proclaim that he is against this decision to not extradite Gary. Heartless is right...but he’s a lawyer isn’t he. Time for ‘open seasons’ on lawyers a couple of times a year/’S’

Gary McKinnon wins extradition fight

After ten years and seven months Gary McKinnon finally smiled.

The former computer hacker sensationally won his fight to stay in Britain after the Home Secretary today confirmed that the he will not be extradited to the United States. But when the news came through, his mother Janice Sharp explained, he barely knew what to do.

“He literally couldn’t speak,” she said, visibly wiping away tears herself at the culmination of a decade long battle to keep her son in Britain. “Then he hugged and cried. It's so emotional. It's been awful watching Gary go downhill but such a relief to see him smile for the first time in years.”

For the past decade Mr McKinnon, a 46-year-old computer hacker from north London with Aspergers and severe depression, has been living on a knife edge. Prosecutors in the United States have sought him for what they describe as “the biggest military hack of all time”. Supporters flocked to his cause and he quickly became a walking lightning rod for the many criticisms of Britain's extradition agreement with the United States.

In a shock decision which has been hailed as a significant milestone for those who have campaigned against the perceived one-sided nature of Britain’s extradition agreement with its largest ally, Home Secretary Theresa May today confirmed that she would halt Mr McKinnon’s extradition because it would be “incompatible with his human rights”.

His supporters had long argued that he would be at risk of suicide if he was held overseas. After seeking medical and legal advice, Mrs May concluded that Mr McKinnon would not be fit to stand trial in the United States. Instead it will be up to the Director of Public Prosecutions to decide whether a trial should be conducted in the UK.

The Home Secretary also announced plans to introduce new rules which would give UK judges the power to decide whether an extradition suspect should be tried in a British court or abroad. The so-called “forum bar” would require separate legislation and is a direct challenge to Britain's faith in America's judicial decision.

In fact the government's decision to halt Mr McKinnon's extradition will likely cause friction in Washington who wanted to prosecute the hacker for breaking into a string of military and Nasa computers between March 2001 and February 2002.

Douglas McNabb, an expert on American law, told the BBC that US prosecutors would be “livid” with the announcement. “They take a very aggressive approach, extra territoriality - and they have been attempting to secure Mr McKinnon's body for close to ten years next month,” he said. “So they are not going to be happy at all.”

The timing of Mrs May's decision to announce plans for a forum bar sparked criticism from the families of two Muslim men who were extradited just two weeks ago to the United States on similar offences. Babar Ahmad and Taha Ahsan were both sought by US prosecutors for alleged cyber crimes committed on UK soil - in their case running a pro-jihadi website. Like Gary McKinnon, Talha Ahsan also had an Asperger's diagnosis and was considered a vulnerable adult at risk of suicide but the Home Secretary nonetheless ordered his extradition.

“I'm delighted for Janice and Gary but the government clearly waited for Babar and Talha to be extradited before they announced the forum bar,” Talha’s brother Hamja told The Independent. “It’s so upsetting because a forum bar would almost certainly have meant they would have been prosecuted in the UK, not the USA.”

Fahad Ansari, a human rights lawyer and Babar Ahmad's brother-in-law, added: “If Babar and Talha had hacked into US military computers, or if Gary McKinnon had been a Muslim, do you think they would have been saved from extradition? I really doubt it.”

McKinnon's legal team and extradition campaigners welcomed yesterday's decision as a landmark moment.

“This is a great day for British justice, it came through in the end,” said Karen Todner, his lawyer for much of the past ten years. His barrister, Edward Fitzgerald QC, added that the Home secretary was only able to halt Mr McKinnon's extradition because of the Human Rights Act, a piece of legislation that both Mrs May and Prime Minister David Cameron have routinely maligned.

It remains to be seen whether plans to introduce a forum bar will have any effect on the impending extradition of Richard O'Dwyer, a man from Barnsley who is wanted by US prosecutors for alleged copyright infringements.

Any plans to allow courts to decide whether an extradition suspect should be tried in a UK jurisdiction would need legislative change that might not come in for years.

Mark Spragg, of Keystone Law, a solicitor who acted on behalf of the NatWest Three businessmen who were extradited to the US on fraud charges, said he felt the decision would have little impact on future cases as the bar for health problems had been set so high and Mrs May was still working on the presumption of trial abroad rather than the other way round.

“She is looking at it in the wrong way,” he said. “It will only work if the presumption is that extradition takes place when the requesting state convinces the court it is the only place they can be tried. The onus should be on the requesting state, protecting your human rights should mean that you stay here and have your trial here.” -
Independent

NOTE: I'm totally against this decision...McKinnon broke the law, infringed on U.S. property and caused a severe security threat to the public. This decision basically gives every country with an extradition treaty with the U.S. a reason the question it. This excuse that McKinnon would be suicidal because of Aspergers and severe depression is ridiculous. It can be safely assumed that most people facing a stiff sentence are depressed and possibly suicidal. If the British government steps up, prosecutes and convicts McKinnon to the full extent of the law then I could consider it as fair. But I really doubt that this will happen. Yeah, I may sound like a heartless bastard...but when it comes to national security, I tend to feel personally threatened...Lon

#11 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Obviously that journo does not understand the real story (or wants to see it squelched).

I would rather that Gary was not sent for trial 'at all', as he has endured enough already, however I suppose that the various powers will wish to show the Americans govt. that they do not intend to let Gary 'get away with it' and put him on trial (yea, a public 'show trial' in a similar theme to what the Nazis and Soviets did). This is despite the police having told him (in 2002) that there would not be a court case because he had not broken any laws. After all, the computers had blank administrator passwords so it was just the computer equivalent of walking in through an open door.

All I can hope is that if he is put on trial then Gary and his family finally start talking about what he found (USA having space capable aircraft etc) and ask some difficult questions, such as how its all funded, whether EU funds are included (reason for EU constantly 'loosing' money in unaccounted-for ways?) and how soon before whatever exotic technologies are being used are ported over to domestic use. Gee, with a cold winter expected how wonderful it would be to not have to worry about the cost of keeping warm (small box in the back garden, all the energy one needs, no bills), which for many people also means worrying whether they should spend their money on food OR keeping warm (as they dont have enough to do both). Grr.

In addition to the other thread here, there is also a Guardian newspaper weblink which may be of interest.

http://www.guardian....ekend7.weekend2

Simon

ps: I met someone at Stratford station on my way home this evening, gave them the link to this site. So if the person I met is reading this, so this site can act as a source of information for some of the things I said.

Edited by simple simon, 17 October 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#12 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

**AGREE Simon...also hope your friend reads your Topic reply :)

You said:
*ps: I met someone at Stratford station on my way home this evening, gave them the link to this site. So if the person I met is reading this, so this site can act as a source of information for some of the things I said.

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...This below from an 'Exopolitics' Site/'S'

UK Home Secretary Theresa May's decision to deny the extradition of Gary McKinnon to the United States is a personal victory for the human rights of Gary McKinnon.

The UK decision is also a victory for extraterrestrial disclosure, as Gary McKinnon was instrumental in revealing the existence of secret U.S. Navy and other U.S. defence computer files that are evidence that an off-planet U.S. space vehicle fleet, together with U.S. Navy off-planet officers and personnel exist.

This discovery and revelation was what U.S. authorities sought to suppress with the attempted extradition of Gary McKinnon to the U.S., where his health would have deteriorated and he would have been silenced permanently perhaps.

We look forward to more revelations of the U.S. secret space program in the near future.

#13 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for adding the Exopolitics site data... together with the Guardian newspaper link these show that I am not 'making it all up', this being something I've been accused of in the past when I've mentioned these things and those listening have thought that I just have a very vivid imagination and should become a sci-fi novelist!

Simon

*CLICK BELOW on Gary's Photo:

Attached File  GARY McKinnon latest photo.jpg   38.84KB   3 downloads

Edited by skylark, 18 October 2012 - 01:10 PM.
Hope you don't mind me putting in the photo Simon/'S'