How About "the Other Side" . . .

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Albatross

Albatross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy slow moving sit-up-straight-like-a-man motorcycles, pipe smoking, and solo camping.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

I love camping. Way out in the woods, and all by myself. I've had some tremendous experiences that don't seem to come when I'm with someone else or in a group. I believe this is because I'm too focussed on the others to notice, though things may be happening all around.

I was out two years ago. Spent the month of October in the woods. The area I was in was noted for bears. There had been warnings in the local newspaper that facing hybernation, the bears seemed more hungry than usual that year and were making trouble. The warning was that if you see a bear, go in your house.

Not knowing any of this I'd gone in with my street motorcycle heaped with camping gear. I wasn't far from a back road and eventual civilization, but unlike a car, the bike wouldn't offer a place to hide if a bear smelled food and came by to check things out. Of course my three man wall tent was pretty much useless as well.

I'd been out for some two weeks when my little radio was warning of a killing frost for the next several nights. I had a sleeping bag and 4 additional comforters, so I was not concerned. On the night of the first frost, I climbed in under that mighty pile and had settled myself on my left side, when a woman entered my tent, slid in under all those comforters and cuddled up with her forehead against my chin. I could actually smell her hair and feel a warmth radiating from her body.

I've had spirit encounters in the past, though not quite like this, and knowing there was nothing to fear, I extended my arms and welcomed whoever it was, saying it was great having company, and was soon asleep. She returned for the next two nights, and I was trying to think of a way of asking her name and the date of her passing, et cetera, but couldn't think of a way at the time. Also I didn't want to ask too many questions and scare her off.

On the third morning I overslept and woke to the sound of something walking slow outside the tent. I heard some snorting and breathing, and soon the hairs on my back were bristling and my spinal cord felt electrified. I don't like to burn plastic, and so deposit food wraps and such things in a little area to take to town for proper disposal.

As I lay with my heart pounding, I heard whatever it was begin chewing the cellophane wrappers and smacking its lips, and my heart froze. I actually wondered if this might be the last day of my life. The woman was still by my side, so I mentioned there was something outside that sounded kind of big, and asked if I had any reason to fear. She told me not to worry, saying everything was just fine.

I responded how everything may be fine for her, she's a spirit. But here am I flesh and blood, and kind of at the mercy of whatever's out there. Her response was slow and measured and in these exact words: "If we are able to turn the hearts of men, how much more do you think that of a wild beast?" And with those words I relaxed, my skin became warm, and though the animal continued browsing outside I had not the slightest concern.

Surely whoever she was had been watching those two weeks and taken pity on me. When after the third night the heavy frost was over, she left and though I was there another ten days, she did not return. This has me thinking she came to stay the night and protect me from the cold. Don't know where she went when she left, but I talked out loud to her for all the time I remained, missing her and lonely as I could be.

Any members have similar close and personal contact with spirits? I have had more and will gladly post them if any are interested.

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

I love camping. Way out in the woods, and all by myself. I've had some tremendous experiences that don't seem to come when I'm with someone else or in a group. I believe this is because I'm too focussed on the others to notice, though things may be happening all around.

I was out two years ago. Spent the month of October in the woods. The area I was in was noted for bears. There had been warnings in the local newspaper that facing hybernation, the bears seemed more hungry than usual that year and were making trouble. The warning was that if you see a bear, go in your house.

Not knowing any of this I'd gone in with my street motorcycle heaped with camping gear. I wasn't far from a back road and eventual civilization, but unlike a car, the bike wouldn't offer a place to hide if a bear smelled food and came by to check things out. Of course my three man wall tent was pretty much useless as well.

I'd been out for some two weeks when my little radio was warning of a killing frost for the next several nights. I had a sleeping bag and 4 additional comforters, so I was not concerned. On the night of the first frost, I climbed in under that mighty pile and had settled myself on my left side, when a woman entered my tent, slid in under all those comforters and cuddled up with her forehead against my chin. I could actually smell her hair and feel a warmth radiating from her body.

I've had spirit encounters in the past, though not quite like this, and knowing there was nothing to fear, I extended my arms and welcomed whoever it was, saying it was great having company, and was soon asleep. She returned for the next two nights, and I was trying to think of a way of asking her name and the date of her passing, et cetera, but couldn't think of a way at the time. Also I didn't want to ask too many questions and scare her off.

On the third morning I overslept and woke to the sound of something walking slow outside the tent. I heard some snorting and breathing, and soon the hairs on my back were bristling and my spinal cord felt electrified. I don't like to burn plastic, and so deposit food wraps and such things in a little area to take to town for proper disposal.

As I lay with my heart pounding, I heard whatever it was begin chewing the cellophane wrappers and smacking its lips, and my heart froze. I actually wondered if this might be the last day of my life. The woman was still by my side, so I mentioned there was something outside that sounded kind of big, and asked if I had any reason to fear. She told me not to worry, saying everything was just fine.

I responded how everything may be fine for her, she's a spirit. But here am I flesh and blood, and kind of at the mercy of whatever's out there. Her response was slow and measured and in these exact words: "If we are able to turn the hearts of men, how much more do you think that of a wild beast?" And with those words I relaxed, my skin became warm, and though the animal continued browsing outside I had not the slightest concern.

Surely whoever she was had been watching those two weeks and taken pity on me. When after the third night the heavy frost was over, she left and though I was there another ten days, she did not return. This has me thinking she came to stay the night and protect me from the cold. Don't know where she went when she left, but I talked out loud to her for all the time I remained, missing her and lonely as I could be.

Any members have similar close and personal contact with spirits? I have had more and will gladly post them if any are interested.

*Sure Albatross, ....Would be greatly interested in posts of this.
I'll 'kick it off'. I've many more as well...thanks for the sharing/'Sweeps'

SPIRIT CONTACT

-A Personal contact experience of ‘Sweeps’ Fox-
*There are many more incidents…but thought this one would tantalize. Has a lot of questions in it.

I was out with a new girl friend...on our first date…a member of staff from the same Psychiatric Hospital where I was the evening supervisor.

For some reason I became ‘obsessed’ with the notion that I should get in touch...immediately...with a friend that I had lost touch with for several years. I had given him a thought now and again alright, but never felt such an URGENT need to get in touch with him, and quickly, as this night. He was a double leg amputee with a long psychiatric history. I convinced my new date...on our first night...to let me call the Hospital I thought he was still at.

I was told by his Hospital that he had been released to ‘community living’...a sort of half way house setup where he could gradually re-integrate into living his own life again. Despite being hesitant to give out his location to a stranger on the phone, they finally let me know where he was living when I told them my profession and friendship with their patient.

I ‘dragged’ this poor girl I was with from the tavern…after the phone call…to the car and a 40 mile journey. I kept doubting the whole business and my own urgency about tracking down this friend on that night....but kept driving.

We arrived at the half way house address, and I darted with her across the street to the numbered door. It was Summer and only the screen door to the house was closed. I knocked on the screen door...there was no bell in sight. I kept knocking off and on until, after what seemed like a prolonged wait, a thin middle-aged lady came to the screen. I explained the situation to her and asked if I might see my friend. There was no reply. She looked blank and vacant. I asked again and again she didn’t or couldn’t answer. Was she a patient too in this house?

I was becoming impatient and feeling a bit silly about everything that night, when the woman finally spoke up. She identified herself as the house mother and then said something strange. ‘They’ve just taken him away’. It then came out that my friend had taken an overdose of ‘saved’ medication, that the para-medics had worked to resuscitate him, that he was dead, and taken to the nearest hospital morgue. The woman then admitted that she really knew nothing about him or who she should contact....he was such a new patient to her. I suggested that she phone his Psychiatric Hospital and report it, but it was evident that the woman was ‘out of it’ and not functioning.

My mind flip flopped. Had my friend been sending out messages to me for help only a few hours ago…exactly the time I felt the obsession to find him? Had he already taken the overdose when I felt the absolute urgency to rush to find him? Or had his ‘released spirit’ contacted me to…’find him now’.

The fact is...it happened just as I’ve recounted. If I hadn’t been there no one would have reported to his Psychiatric Hospital about his death, or to the police about family members to contact.

Oh, I never saw that girl again. Maybe she was too normal. Whatever that means?

#3 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:all and anything Paranormal - Ufo - Spirit - Egypt
    my other websites http://www.reocities.com/love-network/index.html
    blues guitar - travel - music (my photos of groups http://thecameronsclub.webs.com/apps/photos/ )

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

on my first night of an Egyptian adventure in 1992 as I got into bed I felt the weight as though someone had lain on top of the bed - i took this to be my guide - and thanked them -

in full story on http://www.geocities...uart/11-11.html
:)

Edited by skylark, 31 January 2007 - 05:34 PM.

Today is only Yesterdays Tomorrow

#4 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

on my first night of an Egyptian adventure in 1992 as I got into bed I felt the weight as though someone had lain on top of the bed - i took this to be my guide - and thanked them -

in full story on http://www.geocities...uart/11-11.html
;)

*Good one/contribution here Seth,
Enjoyed that...and brought to mind...'the bed thing', about a thourouly 'enjoyable'...night just before sleep with a Succubus'. I thanked her too. What a night/unforgetable. Have to go into some detail about that another time...the Seduction. It was everything and more than the 'tales' about it...because it happened to 'you'. :) /'Sweeps'

#5 Albatross

Albatross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy slow moving sit-up-straight-like-a-man motorcycles, pipe smoking, and solo camping.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

a thourouly 'enjoyable'...night just before sleep with a Succubus'.

**scratches head** Darn you guys, I didn't want to get into that particular aspect. Not just yet anyway. Here you are dragging me out kicking and screaming :) .

I'm a bit busy, but I shall return tonight with a real hum-dinger.

#6 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

**scratches head** Darn you guys, I didn't want to get into that particular aspect. Not just yet anyway. Here you are dragging me out kicking and screaming :) .

I'm a bit busy, but I shall return tonight with a real hum-dinger.

*Hi Albatross,
Not really...just seemed to be, in response, thrown off on that peculiar tangent/'Sweeps' ;)