2 replies to this topic

#1 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:46 PM

[size=3][font=Comic Sans Ms]One of my earliest kicker experiences into the throes of ‘alternate worlds’ revelation (and the mystique of ‘knowing’ things weren’t as they were taught to us) happened during a childhood illness. I was 13 years old and laid low with a raging fever and flu. I was just terribly sick...not delirious...and confined to bed at home. I can remember being angry and disappointed that I was so sick that I just had to be in bed to rest and sleep. The past week had been a great one of going to ‘the guys’ favorite soda fountain place after school.

It was a hang out newly discovered for getting together, joking about the school day antics, having fun with each other, and slurping down ‘Zombies’. A zombie was a fizzy soft drink cocktail made with a combination of flavored syrups and seltzer water. Each zombie was a designer one...tailored for individual tastes. I liked a mixture of cherry, coke, and chocolate flavors while others made up their own concoctions. There was a willing ‘soda jerk’ black counter man who promoted this strange service. No other soda fountain place would offer to make this specialty fizzy. I thought unhappily about missing out on all this from my feverish sick bed. It pre-occupied my thoughts as I went in and out of sleep many times.

Within a couple of days I had recovered and was back at school...receiving a ‘cold shoulder’ from all of my friends. I couldn’t understand it. No one even asked if I was feeling better...blah, blah, blah. ‘Sure’, my really best friend told me later in the day when I got him alone, ‘you couldn’t come to school but you came to the hang out’. I denied it and became really angry for him to be ‘jerking me around’ with that nonsense. ‘Yeah’, he said, ‘and you wouldn’t even talk to any of us’. ‘You just sat at the counter looking around and wouldn’t even order a fizzy’, he finished. I was dumbfounded. Finally I found the same story from many of the guys, and the most damming one came from ‘our’ soda jerk himself. The always pleasant black man told me straight out that I wasn’t very nice to my friends when they tried to talk to me. Then he said, ‘you sure were strange that day...I put your favorite zombie in front of you thinking maybe you didn’t have any money...but you just got up and left’.

Life’s quilt, like infinity’, has no boundaries. It does have doorways and crossroads leading to different realities. Finding this dynamic in one’s own quilt (when one is ready) can bring exploration. growth, and adventure. To begin with, at the ready stage, one needs to ‘do’ nothing except be aware. Access to one’s latent abilities is a state of mind attuned to things breaking through. The conscious mind is mired in accepting limitations. The unconscious mind knows no limits. Don’t block ‘things’ coming through. Just let it happen. It does. This acceptance attitude alone opens one up to allow higher connections and consciousness.

The only guard necessary is against fear. It is indeed the ‘mind killer’. Our cultures have taught us fear and cut us off from the flow. Being positive and allowing about one’s alternate experiences defeats fear and puts one in a receptive ready- mind. We create our own illness and everything else negative through being fearful. ‘The Unconscious’ interprets fear as a command and direction’...and so will bring about one’s fears in strange ways. Hypnotherapists know very well the need to use suggestions to the subconscious in positive terms. Even the words ‘don’t’ or ‘no’ are unrecognized by the subconscious and can produce exactly the opposite results.

Knowing about this is armament. You can now take control and be aware that recognizing and practicing ‘positive’ re-enforcement’s to yourself will aid in the promotion of latent abilities. It will change your whole outlook on ‘the world’. Through ‘positive openness’ you will actually confront and pass through the erected barriers of the ‘one world view’. On the other side (which is ‘really a misnomer) awaits wisdom, excitement, consciousness enhancement, neuro-circuit openings, and even serenity. You’ll go more with your intuitive self, and that in itself attracts other dimensions. It expands your life force, re-imprints, and brings a higher realization of just who you are.

The ‘solid’ world will be seen as illusion. Even Albert Einstein said that the past, present, and future are illusion...and he in no way was a mystic. The seeming solidity of nature, space, and time are more of a ‘plastic’ and mutable quality. They all change with our habit mental constructs. Why? Because the big discovery is that there is no physical world ‘out there’. The life’s quilt we all fashion, and look at with imagination can accommodate all of this, for it is all material of self and all of our potentials.
‘Sweeps’ Fox
:rolleyes:

#2 Albatross

Albatross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy slow moving sit-up-straight-like-a-man motorcycles, pipe smoking, and solo camping.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

Wow Skylark, thanks for the memories of those grand and wonderful "Zombies" of yesteryear! Sitting at the marble counter smiling with my buddies in anticipation as they were being made. At our fountain, these were "the works," a squirt of everything in the house, topped with a roaring splash of foaming soda. And whatever became of soda-jerks. An honorable profession if ever there was. Have you noticed that with the dwindling ranks of soda-jerks there seemed a corresponding increase of police and IRS ;) ?

More to the point, your mention of the solid-seeming universe being an illusion, brought a somewhat unsettling experience to mind. I had been studying A Course In Miracles, applying the daily exercises as recommended, and feeling a bit strange with it all as it is so very radical.

I was in about my 2nd week when one evening I came through the front door, stepped into the kitchen, and was able to see completely through my refridgerator! And this was only the begining. The fridge stayed where it was, but wherever I looked I could see through not only the door and contents, but through the wall behind and into the blackness of space.

This continued wherever I looked. If my eyes fell on the wall, it disappeared, vanished, and left me looking into the blackness of space with tiny stars here and there in the distance. This was some 8 months ago, and I'm glad I didn't look down at the floor. If that too had disappeared I'd have shot through and probably still be falling. :)

Though this lasted only some 30 seconds, and had me smiling, thinking I was on the verge of some great breakthrough, I later asked myself if I really wanted to leave this fantasy. Leaving behind my friends, some who were depending on me, even if these were only my imagination.

I decided this was a bit too much a bit too soon for me, and stopped the Miracles lessons. Anyone have similar experiences seeing through reality? Or should I turn myself in for a tie-in-the-back johnny and a nice long rest.

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

Wow Skylark, thanks for the memories of those grand and wonderful "Zombies" of yesteryear! Sitting at the marble counter smiling with my buddies in anticipation as they were being made. At our fountain, these were "the works," a squirt of everything in the house, topped with a roaring splash of foaming soda. And whatever became of soda-jerks. An honorable profession if ever there was. Have you noticed that with the dwindling ranks of soda-jerks there seemed a corresponding increase of police and IRS ;) ?

More to the point, your mention of the solid-seeming universe being an illusion, brought a somewhat unsettling experience to mind. I had been studying A Course In Miracles, applying the daily exercises as recommended, and feeling a bit strange with it all as it is so very radical.

I was in about my 2nd week when one evening I came through the front door, stepped into the kitchen, and was able to see completely through my refridgerator! And this was only the begining. The fridge stayed where it was, but wherever I looked I could see through not only the door and contents, but through the wall behind and into the blackness of space.

This continued wherever I looked. If my eyes fell on the wall, it disappeared, vanished, and left me looking into the blackness of space with tiny stars here and there in the distance. This was some 8 months ago, and I'm glad I didn't look down at the floor. If that too had disappeared I'd have shot through and probably still be falling. :)

Though this lasted only some 30 seconds, and had me smiling, thinking I was on the verge of some great breakthrough, I later asked myself if I really wanted to leave this fantasy. Leaving behind my friends, some who were depending on me, even if these were only my imagination.

I decided this was a bit too much a bit too soon for me, and stopped the Miracles lessons. Anyone have similar experiences seeing through reality? Or should I turn myself in for a tie-in-the-back johnny and a nice long rest.

*Nice one....and a great introduction to yourself/memories/experiences,
'Glad that 'rang a bell'. Your sharing was very familiar/warming. YEP-you had a 'breakthrough' alright. Don't need a straight Jacket kiddo. But yes, 'Stable Sameness' and 'attachments' call us back. Hope the other members/guests will chime in here. Welcome aboard...and a big thanks/'Sweeps'
:)