Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Spoof Flashback- Saudi Army E M T Basic 2 Groups Graduation Plus

Military Parody Saudi Army Training Grads Trubite to Military Training Satire of Military Grads

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:45 AM

*'Sweeps' NOTE: :)

...Would like to share this with you all, and really speak to you all about it...this new video uploaded

to YouTube. Basically it's FUN...and takes one back to another ERA...but the reflection tells many tales of 'why we are where we are today'. Hope you all 'take it in, in the right way'.Enjoy/'S'

Here's the gist of this new Video...it's fun plus tribute. Please enjoy. Thanks/'S'

*This IS what it's about:
Published on Jan 20, 2015

This should be an enjoyable combination of things FLASHBACK... The 1st Part is SPOOF/SATIRE, in good taste I believe, re the Saudi Army graduating of the 1st two groups of EMT Basic Students. These, While part of the 'Saudi Army Combat Medic' Program of which I was the 'Founder'/Co-ordinator/Field Readiness Trainer, was taught by JECOR of the U.S. State Dep't. as part of their help with 'EXCHANGE TECHNOLOGY'...working out of the Saudi 'Red Crescent' Dep't. facilities.

This is tribute as well....to the U.S.M.T.M./United States Military Training Mission, who greatly assisted in the Program. It includes 'Sweeps' in Field Training segments-short, but with a meeting up with the Saudi Commandant at their 'West Point'/KAMA.
Watching it for both fun and tribute...it was a 'hard working time, before the problems at home with tearing up our beautiful Constitution. Hang on-patriots...will sort it/'Sweeps' Fox

Attached File  SAUDI ARMY EMT BASIC GRADUATION SPOOF.jpg   85.44KB   0 downloads

#2 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

So far I've watched about half of this, I downloaded it to watch when on the train and then found that I did not make the journey.

As you say, its light hearted, jovial, "end of term-ish".

Will try to watch the rest tonight.

Simon

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Good of you Simon,

...Hope you 'got the idea' and enjoyed the frivolity intended. Would be neat to have you give a fuller critique after

watching the rest of it. It was some era. Best/'S' :)

#4 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

The frivolity reminds of pupils at the end of their period of education... there could be a good reason for this! Note that I did not refer to the age of the pupils!  ;) 

Some of the people you filmed seemed slightly embarrassed, or maybe a better way to described their demeanour would be that because they come from a culture where people freely using cameras in that way is just not done so therefore they were somewhat unsure whether to (or how to) react.

I wonder, would a Saudi have filmed this (rather than an American)? Or would they have felt unsure, even intimidated, in case the secret (or religious) police took a dislike to what they were doing?

I know from personal experience that (even in London) people from outside the "Western" sphere of influence will usually understand ordinary people filming their friends / relatives but otherwise the general reaction has been that filming in the public domain in this way should be illegal.

The concept of photographing tourist sights without your family in the picture is not understood, and as for other topics - street scenes, passing traffic, buses, trains, etc,  so their thoughts turn to you being a spy! 

Even in London I've been approached (by residents from overseas) and asked what / why / etc and then told that in their view it should be illegal.

Simon

#5 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...Well pointed Simon. However, don't forget that I had an 'understanding' as Founder and 'Trainer' with ALL of those dignitaries and soldiers/others which were filmed. I made it my business to preserve and save for posterity...regardless (in fact heedless if not in defiance) of Local or Cultural expectations regarding this photographic activity. I had been accused of having a video camera 'welded' to my head. It was more of a laughter/casual acceptance thing...which was akin to 'understood'/allowed.

In fact, most of the filming was supported to the degree...unbelievably...that requests for COPIES were frequent. Even at 'THEIR' Chief Military Academy, the students and 'CHIEFS' would ask for personal copies for themselves/family. There were instances where THEIR cultural aspects could be interpreted as 'Shy'/or 'not wanting to be on film'...or plain 'Is it legal or even Religiously permitted? Somehow these were 'overcome' or 'put aside'. I do believe that, in the early era reflected in this filming of activities, that YES indeed it was many times was a precedent and/or precedent Breaking.

**Added note, just for the Hell of it:
Times Change alright...as I look back at risks/hard work/and accomplishment...from my Birthday today (yesterday now)...thought I'd give the members and guests a couple of 'private family photos' of the BD. Since we are all 'spied on daily/routinely'...why not. Hope they meet with approval and fun

*CLICK ON THEM BELOW FOR FULL EFFECT/'S'                                                                          

Attached Files

#6 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

er um, now THAT is a birthday cake. Wow!

Happy birthday... 21 again? (LOL)

Simon

**YEP...And Exactly...21-well Plus. Big thanks for that Simon. CAKE...It was GORGEOUS Alright, AND with the family around made it brilliant/'S'

HEY SIMON AND ALL....'BEEFED' UP THE Forum, upgraded it...so to make it easier to use different Fonts/Colours/sizes/etc.

Hope it all works for you...thanks MUCH/'S'