Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Happy Thanksgiving & No Ban But Herbal Medicine To Be Regulated!

THANKSGIVING DRUGS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

I think that this is 'very good news' / the best we could hope for.

It seems that Prince Charles was one of the people who spoke up against the ban.

Simon

-----------------------------------------------------------

Herbal and Chinese medicine practitioners will be allowed to continue trading under Government plans to side-step a European ban on unlicensed treatments.

http://www.telegraph...ew-Lansley.html

http://tinyurl.com/6lfj2dc

The EU directive, due to take full effect in April, makes it illegal for practitioners to supply unlicensed herbal medicines.

But Andrew Lansley, the Health Secretary, said in a written ministerial statement that they would be allowed to continue if they registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC).

This would be "underpinned" by a strengthened system for regulating medicinal products, the statement added.

He said: "This Government wishes to ensure that the public can continue to have access to these products."

Herbalists have welcomed the decision but opponents said it conferred legitimacy on people whose products had not been proved effective.

<snip>

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:43 AM

I think that this is 'very good news' / the best we could hope for.

It seems that Prince Charles was one of the people who spoke up against the ban.

Simon

-----------------------------------------------------------

Herbal and Chinese medicine practitioners will be allowed to continue trading under Government plans to side-step a European ban on unlicensed treatments.

http://www.telegraph...ew-Lansley.html

http://tinyurl.com/6lfj2dc

The EU directive, due to take full effect in April, makes it illegal for practitioners to supply unlicensed herbal medicines.

But Andrew Lansley, the Health Secretary, said in a written ministerial statement that they would be allowed to continue if they registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC).

This would be "underpinned" by a strengthened system for regulating medicinal products, the statement added.

He said: "This Government wishes to ensure that the public can continue to have access to these products."

Herbalists have welcomed the decision but opponents said it conferred legitimacy on people whose products had not been proved effective.

<snip>

*Indeed Simon,
...GOOD NEWS, Just hope there are no hidden Politics involved, or a 'turn around' on this again. Good to see individual Goernments in the EU 'sticking it to them', wiggling out, or finding ways around this Commisars. People are ready to rebel in time, when they figure out they have 'no representation' under EU Treaties or Policies/'S'

#3 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Many months later I tried to buy some Echinacea from a well known herbal remedy source based in Guernsey (Channel Islands).

The good news is that this is still available. The bad news is that its now a 'traditional' formulation which is less potent that the former version, and considerably more expensive than the former version. The higher price is cited as being a result of the testing.

Oh and its no longer vegetarian.

An unhappy Simon :angry:

#4 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

*Ammending this Topic a BIT Simon and All,
....GOOD PLACE TO WISH OUR/MY AMERICAN GUESTS/MEMBERS A VERY 'HAPPY THANKSGIVING. AND, maybe a nice 'stuffing/dressing' of 'MaryJane'...would be different and NICE. Have a good family/friends Day folks.

Attached File  TURKEY DINNER PHOTO.jpg   33.13KB   2 downloads

And yes Simon...they are 'doing us' as we suspected, with the Herbal Meds and 'stuff'. Take care and enjoy the American Celebration...BUT NOT 'BLACK FRIDAY'...Geeeezz/'S'

#5 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Well yes, 'happy thanksgiving' to all people of the USA reading this.

I wonder however whether the native North Amercans are wholly pleased about how things panned out?

Probably even less happy will be the turkeys who have been slaughtered to feed the people celebrating thanksgiving.

As for 'Black Friday', well, just what are you expecting? Is this going to be the day when the finances go 'pop' and I ought to go to London's financial district to film the bankers jumping out of high building windows? (nervous grin)

But then have you see the weather forecast??? Storms are expected!!!

Meanwhile, I saw an online astrology report for December and it describes this week and the fortnight after thanksgiving as constituting a kind of karmic booby trap during which time just about anything economic and political could happen.

Hmm?

Simon

#6 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

ah! I've just seen in today's newspaper that 'Black Friday' is the term given to the Friday after Thanksgiving when retailers traditionally have paid off all their expenses for the year so that all takings between now and the end of December can be seen as profits.

I assumed that it meant something else, related to the global financial and tectonic / geophysical situation. Some forecasters are using the word 'tsunami'. We shall see... (hopefully a small one, so that the predictions are proven right but no-one is negatively impacted).

Simon

Edited by simple simon, 25 November 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#7 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

*What a guy.
...Was about to put up 'Black Friday' definition...but you'd already done the 'Homework/research'. Good on you.
BUT, 'Black Friday\ has turned UGLY...with customers trying to quque up for hours, sometimes days in advance to get 1st bargains/etc. One woman 'pepper sprayed' others in a Department Store to get to the displays first. REALLY! People actually go NUTS to the extreme...running, stampeeding, rushing, and crushing all in their way on this day. That's why I said basically 'no way'/GEEEZ...to that effect.
See, if folks had used the 'Marijuana' Turkey Stuffing/Dressing....the day before....none of the 'Black Friday' shoppper mania would happen....I do so believe.
Not a 'be nice to your neighbors/fellow shoppers type of day',,,,I AVOID IT/'S'.

#8 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hmm, sounds like the post Xmas sales here (typically 26th December) when people try to grab the bargains (eg: 'shop soiled' display model plasma TV for £100) and will do almost anything to 'get there first'.

This includes sleeping / camping outside the shop for a few days in advance.

Sometimes to avoid the worst case scenarios the shop will actually come to an arrangement with people who have been camping outside for several days.

I've often bought things in these sales, but never camped out for anything in advance.

Simon.

#9 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

*Right...understand that alright,
...Thats the 'boxing Day'/St. Stephan's Day' shopping rush in The UK and Ireland. The Americans will do the same the day after X-Mass- the 26th of Dec. So, it's like a 2nd 'Black Friday' on Monday this year.

Absolute madness to me, could never understand it/'S'

#10 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

In the old days the sales were worthwhile... shops wanted to get rid of unsold stock and shoppers wanted the post-Christmas bargains.

Nowadays with online shopping and the economy in such dire straights shops have "pre-Christmas sales" which effectively render the post Christmas sales more like religious holidays... observed through custom but devoid of the original meanings.

Simon