• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

VISION-INDUCING DRUG HAS WIDE USE IN PERU

AYAHUASCA VINE-PSYCHO ACTIVE THERAPEUTIC/CONSCIOUSNESS BENEFITS

Edited/Summarized by ‘Sweeps’ Fox

*’Sweeps’ NOTE:
Most probably…the U.S. Government interlopers in South America would like to ‘OUT LAW’ this Mind Active drug the same way they took LSD out of ‘public hands’. That way ‘they’ can use it secretly…experiment all they want, and use the research to destroy/mind manipulate/or in terrorizing ways. The CIA in particular continues to use LSD and other ‘illegal’ hallucinogens for their own purposes…while denying such to folks seeking self experimentation/cum enlightenment. It all goes back to ‘The Government’ telling US what we can put into our own bodies. This is Democratic Freedom? It’s an ‘abomination’ of Control…to preserve ‘their’ own power and Reality ideas over people.

This ‘DRUG’ has been known of for years…and people do experience amazing insights as well as ‘Trips’. It should be used wisely and in the proper manner...not for ‘Recreational Drug Sensations’. Maybe we should all take a trip to Peru. What say you?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** A cup containing a beverage made of ayahuasca is placed next to a tobacco pipe and cigarettes during a ritual treatment in Lima by shaman Pedro Tangoa. AYAHUASCA is a powerful hallucinogenic vine, long revered by Amazon Indians as a tool for reaching deep into the psyche. It is NOW drawing interest from urban Peruvians and drawing foreign visitors to Peru.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*CLICK below on illustrative photos:
Attached File  VISION_DRUG_FROM_PERU_PHOTO.jpg   129.86KB   110 downloads Attached File  VISION_DRUG_FROM_PER_3_PHOTO..jpg   80.56KB   115 downloads Attached File  VISION_DRUG_FROM_PERU23PHOTO...jpg   99.77KB   126 downloads

In PACHACAMAC, Peru - A powerful hallucinogenic vine, long revered by Amazon Indians as a tool for peering deep into the psyche, is drawing interest from urban Peruvians and enticing foreign visitors to Peru.

Known as the ‘vine of souls’ in the Quechua language of the ancient Inca empire, ayahuasca contains dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a chemical resembling the structure of psilocybin in psychedelic mushrooms.

Banned in the United States…OF COURSE…but legal in Peru, ayahuasca increasingly draws foreigners and has grown into a million dollar business. It is also seeping into Peru's medical mainstream as a handful of psychologists and doctors tout its therapeutic benefits.

‘Ayahuasca’ means exploration. ‘It works to better see where we are, where we are coming from and where we are going’, said psychologist Javier Zavala, a self-styled curandero or healer, as he opened an ayahuasca session one recent Saturday night.

‘I will give you only a small cup’, he told some 20 European, North American and Peruvian vision seekers, including an advertising executive, a film editor, and an engineer who had gathered near the ruins of a pre-Inca civilization on the southern outskirts of Lima.

They took turns kneeling before him to receive the dark liquid poured from a bottle. Then, following native tradition, Zavala stood and blew a spray of sweet scented water north, south, east and west to clear noxious spirits.

‘In the Amazon region, ayahuasqueros would give you a big cup’, he said. ‘You would see hell and feel like you are dying. That is not the objective here in Peru’.

Lights off, he waited about half an hour before beginning to chant softly, mixing Indian and Spanish words, scraping leafy branches on the floor.

Javier Zavala has chants…known as icaros…which set off a surge of visions and welling emotions, several of those present said after their overnight experience.

A 42-year-old Spanish man said he regressed to the first years of his life and planned to ask his parents to forgive him.

A Peruvian librarian, 49, said ayahuasca-induced visions of geometric shapes and baby items helped her to heal from the death of her baby at delivery almost 20 years ago. ‘I appreciate my life in a new way and my life with my grown
daughter’, she said.

The plant often triggers geometric patterns resembling that of Indian weavings and pottery as well as serpents and other jungle wildlife in an uncanny reflection of its historic use in the Amazon…a number of scholars say.

It also produces other effects…which does cause some of those present to resort to blue vomit pails placed handily beside them.

Ayahuasca is prohibited in the United States…with one exception…The U.S. Supreme Court ruled last year that U.S. followers of a Brazilian-based religion can import and use ayahuasca tea in ceremonies.

A small number of Peruvian psychotherapists and doctors say the plant can bring unconscious material into the conscious awareness.

‘The insights about one's own life, the direction one is moving to, the family appear many times as visual images emotionally charged; these can be taken to therapy’, said Eduardo Gastelumendi, a psychiatrist in Lima.

Others say it can be used to kick addictions to ‘nasty’ drugs and alcohol by helping to trigger buried memories.

For Veronica Lopez, 29, a graduate student from Spain, the session at Pachacamac took her into a deep reflection that she said brought inner peace.

‘I saw jungle plants coming closer to me in spinning yellow and green geometric patterns’, she said. ‘Then I felt a serpent enter inside me, merging into my skin and tugging at my cheeks, then it left through one of my raised arms’.

#2 captain

captain

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

VISION-INDUCING DRUG HAS WIDE USE IN PERU

AYAHUASCA VINE-PSYCHO ACTIVE THERAPEUTIC/CONSCIOUSNESS BENEFITS

Edited/Summarized by ‘Sweeps’ Fox

*’Sweeps’ NOTE:
Most probably…the U.S. Government interlopers in South America would like to ‘OUT LAW’ this Mind Active drug the same way they took LSD out of ‘public hands’. That way ‘they’ can use it secretly…experiment all they want, and use the research to destroy/mind manipulate/or in terrorizing ways. The CIA in particular continues to use LSD and other ‘illegal’ hallucinogens for their own purposes…while denying such to folks seeking self experimentation/cum enlightenment. It all goes back to ‘The Government’ telling US what we can put into our own bodies. This is Democratic Freedom? It’s an ‘abomination’ of Control…to preserve ‘their’ own power and Reality ideas over people.

This ‘DRUG’ has been known of for years…and people do experience amazing insights as well as ‘Trips’. It should be used wisely and in the proper manner...not for ‘Recreational Drug Sensations’. Maybe we should all take a trip to Peru. What say you?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** A cup containing a beverage made of ayahuasca is placed next to a tobacco pipe and cigarettes during a ritual treatment in Lima by shaman Pedro Tangoa. AYAHUASCA is a powerful hallucinogenic vine, long revered by Amazon Indians as a tool for reaching deep into the psyche. It is NOW drawing interest from urban Peruvians and drawing foreign visitors to Peru.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*CLICK below on illustrative photos:
Attached File  VISION_DRUG_FROM_PERU_PHOTO.jpg   129.86KB   110 downloads Attached File  VISION_DRUG_FROM_PER_3_PHOTO..jpg   80.56KB   115 downloads Attached File  VISION_DRUG_FROM_PERU23PHOTO...jpg   99.77KB   126 downloads

In PACHACAMAC, Peru - A powerful hallucinogenic vine, long revered by Amazon Indians as a tool for peering deep into the psyche, is drawing interest from urban Peruvians and enticing foreign visitors to Peru.

Known as the ‘vine of souls’ in the Quechua language of the ancient Inca empire, ayahuasca contains dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a chemical resembling the structure of psilocybin in psychedelic mushrooms.

Banned in the United States…OF COURSE…but legal in Peru, ayahuasca increasingly draws foreigners and has grown into a million dollar business. It is also seeping into Peru's medical mainstream as a handful of psychologists and doctors tout its therapeutic benefits.

‘Ayahuasca’ means exploration. ‘It works to better see where we are, where we are coming from and where we are going’, said psychologist Javier Zavala, a self-styled curandero or healer, as he opened an ayahuasca session one recent Saturday night.

‘I will give you only a small cup’, he told some 20 European, North American and Peruvian vision seekers, including an advertising executive, a film editor, and an engineer who had gathered near the ruins of a pre-Inca civilization on the southern outskirts of Lima.

They took turns kneeling before him to receive the dark liquid poured from a bottle. Then, following native tradition, Zavala stood and blew a spray of sweet scented water north, south, east and west to clear noxious spirits.

‘In the Amazon region, ayahuasqueros would give you a big cup’, he said. ‘You would see hell and feel like you are dying. That is not the objective here in Peru’.

Lights off, he waited about half an hour before beginning to chant softly, mixing Indian and Spanish words, scraping leafy branches on the floor.

Javier Zavala has chants…known as icaros…which set off a surge of visions and welling emotions, several of those present said after their overnight experience.

A 42-year-old Spanish man said he regressed to the first years of his life and planned to ask his parents to forgive him.

A Peruvian librarian, 49, said ayahuasca-induced visions of geometric shapes and baby items helped her to heal from the death of her baby at delivery almost 20 years ago. ‘I appreciate my life in a new way and my life with my grown
daughter’, she said.

The plant often triggers geometric patterns resembling that of Indian weavings and pottery as well as serpents and other jungle wildlife in an uncanny reflection of its historic use in the Amazon…a number of scholars say.

It also produces other effects…which does cause some of those present to resort to blue vomit pails placed handily beside them.

Ayahuasca is prohibited in the United States…with one exception…The U.S. Supreme Court ruled last year that U.S. followers of a Brazilian-based religion can import and use ayahuasca tea in ceremonies.

A small number of Peruvian psychotherapists and doctors say the plant can bring unconscious material into the conscious awareness.

‘The insights about one's own life, the direction one is moving to, the family appear many times as visual images emotionally charged; these can be taken to therapy’, said Eduardo Gastelumendi, a psychiatrist in Lima.

Others say it can be used to kick addictions to ‘nasty’ drugs and alcohol by helping to trigger buried memories.

For Veronica Lopez, 29, a graduate student from Spain, the session at Pachacamac took her into a deep reflection that she said brought inner peace.

‘I saw jungle plants coming closer to me in spinning yellow and green geometric patterns’, she said. ‘Then I felt a serpent enter inside me, merging into my skin and tugging at my cheeks, then it left through one of my raised arms’.

Hi Sweeps and all,
...Maybe folks won't have to journey to PERU for 'the Vine' and it's properties.
Below is a LINK where it may actually be purchased. Let me know, I might try some. Click on the 'My Webpage' link.-Thanks-Captain :angry:
My Webpage

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:45 PM

Hi Sweeps and all,
...Maybe folks won't have to journey to PERU for 'the Vine' and it's properties.
Below is a LINK when it may actually be purchased. Let me know, I might try some. Click on the 'My Webpage' link.-Thanks-Captain :)
My Webpage

OK Cap,
...Got that. Some people might well be interested in picking this up and experimenting. Why not/
Here's an article by Howard G Charing on 'AYAHUASCA - The Visionary and Healing Plant from the Amazon '
Should promote more awareness of this Vision Plant...Cheers/'S' :)

After being virtually ignored by Western civilization for centuries, there has been a huge surge of interest in Ayahuasca recently. There is a growing belief that it is a kind of ‘medicine for our times’, giving hope to people with ‘incurable’ diseases like cancer and HIV, drug addictions and inspiring answers to the big ecological problems of modern civilization.

Ayahuasca is the jungle medicine of the upper Amazon. It is made from the ayahuasca vine ( Banisteriopsis Caapi) and the leaf of the Chacruna plant (Psychotria Viridis). The two make a potent medicine, which takes one into the visionary world. The vine is an inhibitor, which contains harmala and harmaline among other alkaloids, and the leaf contains vision-inducing alkaloids. As with all natural medicines, it is a mixture of many alkaloids that makes their unique properties.

For example, Peyote, the cactus used by the North Native Americans, is said to contain 32 active alkaloids, so when one of those alkaloids, mescaline (LSD) is synthesised in a laboratory, contrary to popular opinion, the result is not at all the same.

The oldest know object related to the use of ayahuasca is a ceremonial cup, hewn out of stone, with engraved ornamentation, which was found in the Pastaza culture of the Ecuadorian Amazon from 500 B.C. to 50 A.D. It is deposited in the collection of the Ethnological Museum of the Central University (Quito, Ecuador). This indicates that ayahuasca potions were known and used at least 2,500 years ago.

Ayahuasca is a name derived from two Quechua words: aya means spirit, ancestor, deceased person, and huasca means vine or rope, hence it is known as vine of the dead or vine of the soul. It is also known by many other local names including yaje, caapi, natema, pinde, daime, mihi, & dapa. It plays a central role in the spiritual, religious and cultural traditions of the Indigenous and Mestizo (mixed blood) peoples of the upper Amazon, Orinoco plains and the Pacific coast of Colombia and Ecuador.

The plants are collected from the rainforest in a sacred way and it is said that a shaman can find plentiful sources of the vine by listening for the ‘drumbeat’ that emanates from them. The mixture is prepared by cutting the vines to cookable lengths, scraping and cleaning them, pounding them into a pulp. Meanwhile the Chacruna leaves and picked and cleaned.

So what, perhaps, is the advantage of ayahuasca over other disciplines? In the words of Padrino Alex Polari de Alverga of the Santo Daime Community in Brazil, “Daime (ayahuasca) is basically a shortcut, it’s as if we had been traveling down the same highway as the rest of humanity, but then, in order to arrive at our destination more quickly we took a side road. When taking such a shortcut, however, we must be very careful and clear-minded. It is a shortcut that leads us to truth, but only if we follow in the footsteps of the Masters who have preceded us.”

Medicines like ayahuasca can help us along our path but we still have to do the work ourselves. My experience is that these kind of allies can help us open the doors of perception, but what we do when we get there is entirely our own challenge.

To understand ayahuasca in the local context, one cannot avoid taking a look at the ecological environment, such as the forest, cultural environment and indigenous cultures. This has structured the cultural content of ayahuasca.
There are many legends and myths about ayahuasca, one the more romantic is from the Shipibo people who live up the river in the heart of the jungle in the Peruvian Amazon.

This tale is centered around women, more so than men, as they look after the children and their health, whilst the men are out hunting and fishing. Men are more interested in plants that aid their inner spirits whilst hunting. Women are more interested in plants that will allow their children to grow.

There was one particular woman who was very interested in plants, who liked to pick the leaves of different plants. She would then crush the leaves into a pot and soak them in water over night. She would then take a bath every morning before sunrise (the way to find out about various plants and their effects is to bathe in them). She bathed in them every morning until she had a dream. In her dream a woman came and said, “why are you bathing every day?”
She answered, “I am doing this as I want you to teach me.” The other woman said, “You must seek out my uncle, his name is Kamarampi. I will show you where to find him”.

The woman led the other woman to her uncle. The uncle showed her how to mix the leaves of the chacruna, which was a bush she had taken leaves from to bathe in. He showed her how to prepare the brew of Ayahuasca, he told her to go and tell the people the knowledge of how to use the brew. The Indigenous people past and present have taken Ayahuasca to enable them to focus on other dimensions. One example: - To enable them to be more successful on a hunting trip they would contact the Mother spirit of certain species, through the Ayahuasca. The hunt would be more successful.

One of the many mysteries surrounding Ayahuasca is how the vine became to be used with the Chacruna leaves as although they both come from the same soil but always grow apart otherwise the ayahuasca winds around the Chacruna and kills it.

No one knows this but we get a clue from how the shamans interact with the plant. Javier Arevalo a shaman from the Peruvian Amazon told us ” in the old days his grandfather and uncles used to sit around after taking ayahuasca and he said that ayahuasca was originally taken alone and in the visions they saw that Chacruna was missing.

Ayahuasca would say I am the doctor that gives the vision. His grandfather responded, how can we find this plant? The response in the vision was, you can find it by turning two corners. So they went around two corners and found a bush which attracted them which was Chacruna i.e. the ayahuasca showed them.

This is a fundamental principle, in the visions it is the spirit doctor of ayahuasca which tells them what is wrong with their patient, what medicine they need, or who has caused the illness or malaise.

#4 captain

captain

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

OK Cap,
...Got that. Some people might well be interested in picking this up and experimenting. Why not/
Here's an article by Howard G Charing on 'AYAHUASCA - The Visionary and Healing Plant from the Amazon '
Should promote more awareness of this Vision Plant...Cheers/'S' :)

After being virtually ignored by Western civilization for centuries, there has been a huge surge of interest in Ayahuasca recently. There is a growing belief that it is a kind of ‘medicine for our times’, giving hope to people with ‘incurable’ diseases like cancer and HIV, drug addictions and inspiring answers to the big ecological problems of modern civilization.

Ayahuasca is the jungle medicine of the upper Amazon. It is made from the ayahuasca vine ( Banisteriopsis Caapi) and the leaf of the Chacruna plant (Psychotria Viridis). The two make a potent medicine, which takes one into the visionary world. The vine is an inhibitor, which contains harmala and harmaline among other alkaloids, and the leaf contains vision-inducing alkaloids. As with all natural medicines, it is a mixture of many alkaloids that makes their unique properties.

For example, Peyote, the cactus used by the North Native Americans, is said to contain 32 active alkaloids, so when one of those alkaloids, mescaline (LSD) is synthesised in a laboratory, contrary to popular opinion, the result is not at all the same.

The oldest know object related to the use of ayahuasca is a ceremonial cup, hewn out of stone, with engraved ornamentation, which was found in the Pastaza culture of the Ecuadorian Amazon from 500 B.C. to 50 A.D. It is deposited in the collection of the Ethnological Museum of the Central University (Quito, Ecuador). This indicates that ayahuasca potions were known and used at least 2,500 years ago.

Ayahuasca is a name derived from two Quechua words: aya means spirit, ancestor, deceased person, and huasca means vine or rope, hence it is known as vine of the dead or vine of the soul. It is also known by many other local names including yaje, caapi, natema, pinde, daime, mihi, & dapa. It plays a central role in the spiritual, religious and cultural traditions of the Indigenous and Mestizo (mixed blood) peoples of the upper Amazon, Orinoco plains and the Pacific coast of Colombia and Ecuador.

The plants are collected from the rainforest in a sacred way and it is said that a shaman can find plentiful sources of the vine by listening for the ‘drumbeat’ that emanates from them. The mixture is prepared by cutting the vines to cookable lengths, scraping and cleaning them, pounding them into a pulp. Meanwhile the Chacruna leaves and picked and cleaned.

So what, perhaps, is the advantage of ayahuasca over other disciplines? In the words of Padrino Alex Polari de Alverga of the Santo Daime Community in Brazil, “Daime (ayahuasca) is basically a shortcut, it’s as if we had been traveling down the same highway as the rest of humanity, but then, in order to arrive at our destination more quickly we took a side road. When taking such a shortcut, however, we must be very careful and clear-minded. It is a shortcut that leads us to truth, but only if we follow in the footsteps of the Masters who have preceded us.”

Medicines like ayahuasca can help us along our path but we still have to do the work ourselves. My experience is that these kind of allies can help us open the doors of perception, but what we do when we get there is entirely our own challenge.

To understand ayahuasca in the local context, one cannot avoid taking a look at the ecological environment, such as the forest, cultural environment and indigenous cultures. This has structured the cultural content of ayahuasca.
There are many legends and myths about ayahuasca, one the more romantic is from the Shipibo people who live up the river in the heart of the jungle in the Peruvian Amazon.

This tale is centered around women, more so than men, as they look after the children and their health, whilst the men are out hunting and fishing. Men are more interested in plants that aid their inner spirits whilst hunting. Women are more interested in plants that will allow their children to grow.

There was one particular woman who was very interested in plants, who liked to pick the leaves of different plants. She would then crush the leaves into a pot and soak them in water over night. She would then take a bath every morning before sunrise (the way to find out about various plants and their effects is to bathe in them). She bathed in them every morning until she had a dream. In her dream a woman came and said, “why are you bathing every day?”
She answered, “I am doing this as I want you to teach me.” The other woman said, “You must seek out my uncle, his name is Kamarampi. I will show you where to find him”.

The woman led the other woman to her uncle. The uncle showed her how to mix the leaves of the chacruna, which was a bush she had taken leaves from to bathe in. He showed her how to prepare the brew of Ayahuasca, he told her to go and tell the people the knowledge of how to use the brew. The Indigenous people past and present have taken Ayahuasca to enable them to focus on other dimensions. One example: - To enable them to be more successful on a hunting trip they would contact the Mother spirit of certain species, through the Ayahuasca. The hunt would be more successful.

One of the many mysteries surrounding Ayahuasca is how the vine became to be used with the Chacruna leaves as although they both come from the same soil but always grow apart otherwise the ayahuasca winds around the Chacruna and kills it.

No one knows this but we get a clue from how the shamans interact with the plant. Javier Arevalo a shaman from the Peruvian Amazon told us ” in the old days his grandfather and uncles used to sit around after taking ayahuasca and he said that ayahuasca was originally taken alone and in the visions they saw that Chacruna was missing.

Ayahuasca would say I am the doctor that gives the vision. His grandfather responded, how can we find this plant? The response in the vision was, you can find it by turning two corners. So they went around two corners and found a bush which attracted them which was Chacruna i.e. the ayahuasca showed them.

This is a fundamental principle, in the visions it is the spirit doctor of ayahuasca which tells them what is wrong with their patient, what medicine they need, or who has caused the illness or malaise.

-Sweeps,
I really like the following quote from your book...hope people take reflection on this. Time for a 'fight'-Captain:
'It seems it’s O.K. for authorities to experiment with us, but not for us to experiment with ourselves. Our bodies can be ‘used’ and subservient to outside impersonal authorities...but we can be told that ‘right’ doesn’t extend to us using our own bodies in a personal way? An illogic perversity there...and so much for freedom of the individual. There’s a certain bad ring to that. It’s called control. Dig it!

Many times, as a Nurse in a psychiatric setting conducting group therapy sessions, I would encourage patients (who were ready for it) to start taking charge of their own lives. No one should tell them who they were, and it was time to take back control for themselves. Examples, from their own life episodes and low self esteem would be used to show how they had let people have power over them. Knock knock, are you in there? It all seems hypocritical and empty when faced with the lack of control and power we as individuals have given away, lost, or had usurped by authorities.

It also means that ‘internal freedom’, which should somehow be an individuals right, is absolutely not recognized and denied us. It’s not possible...is it...that a big authority can outright come out and say ‘if ya’ll try to treat yourself or -‘get into yourself’- without our approval. you’re for it’? Something is basically rotten when a person can’t do something to him/her self without the government or other ‘power tripping’ authority stepping in. The ‘establishment’s’ war on drugs is a war on people'.

#5 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

If ever the chance came, and I was able to take advantage of it, I'd be curious to try this.

Just to see what mystical experience it gives me.

But I would want to be sure that it would not harm my long term health.

Simon

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#6 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

If ever the chance came, and I was able to take advantage of it, I'd be curious to try this.

Just to see what mystical experience it gives me.

But I would want to be sure that it would not harm my long term health.

Simon

*That IS the idea Simon,
...To let the Veils/blinders fall from your eyes...the 'eyes'...that have been fettered to a 'One Reality View'. Probably, in a guided experience....you'd get that 'Elevation' and 'Opening up'/cum enlightenment. But, you'll never be the same, or look at 'Reality' the same way as before. You won't mind either...you'll be looking at people from a place that most of them won't or can't go to. Just ONE dose does it.
Anyway...'The Back To Nature' path...is Demonstrably/perhaps indubitably safer than immunizations with mercuy/over the counter medicines/and or pharmacological profiteers offerings. Tah/'S' :)