#1 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:all and anything Paranormal - Ufo - Spirit - Egypt
    my other websites http://www.reocities.com/love-network/index.html
    blues guitar - travel - music (my photos of groups http://thecameronsclub.webs.com/apps/photos/ )

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:49 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/7039927.stm

Sightings of an unusually large black cat in Fife are increasing, police have confirmed.
RECENT SIGHTINGS
16 July, Auchtermuchty
15 Aug, Leven
16 Aug, Leven
20 Aug, Pittenweem
23 Aug, Glenrothes
25 Aug, Glenrothes
10 Sept, Kirkcaldy
2 Oct, Glenrothes

Today is only Yesterdays Tomorrow

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/7039927.stm

Sightings of an unusually large black cat in Fife are increasing, police have confirmed.
RECENT SIGHTINGS
16 July, Auchtermuchty
15 Aug, Leven
16 Aug, Leven
20 Aug, Pittenweem
23 Aug, Glenrothes
25 Aug, Glenrothes
10 Sept, Kirkcaldy
2 Oct, Glenrothes

*Dam Seth,
...Interesting stuff. BIG CATS being seen 'all over'/frequently by ordinary people? Are they 'let out' former Pets...or a strange new breed? Just tossing out possibilities....some are 'silly'....BUT!!
AND...haven't heard anything like it/reported in Ireland. So, what's the answer in Britain? Best/'S' :angry:

#3 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 734 posts
    blues guitar - travel - music (my photos of groups http://thecameronsclub.webs.com/apps/photos/ )

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

Trouble is, one cat can cover a vast area in a relativly short time. The normal House Moggie can cover seven miles in its nightly outings - so just because they are seen in many places - it could be the same cat ;0

#4 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

Trouble is, one cat can cover a vast area in a relativly short time. The normal House Moggie can cover seven miles in its nightly outings - so just because they are seen in many places - it could be the same cat ;0

*Hey Seth,
...No fleeting Photos/videos/etc.? A few of these could 'ferret' out if the animal is the same one or not.
We'll have to keep and 'eye' on this one. Thanks/'S' :angry:

#5 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

Some speculations suggests that it / they could be pumas or panthers, perhaps escapees from a wildlife safari park.

I wonder if there is evidence of their kills (ie: animals they have killed to eat)?

Simon

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#6 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:06 PM

Some speculations suggests that it / they could be pumas or panthers, perhaps escapees from a wildlife safari park.

I wonder if there is evidence of their kills (ie: animals they have killed to eat)?

Simon

*Would be nice...,
...If it could be 'Humanely' captured. Don't want it harmed by 'Dirty Bombs' on Tuesday...as Simon's let us ponder about....or maybe hunted down by some imported Alien Species like the Chupacabra
Attached File  Chupacabra_2.jpg   163.31KB   64 downloads
*HELP...living in an uncertain and WILD world./'S'

#7 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:16 PM

*Would be nice...,
...If it could be 'Humanely' captured. Don't want it harmed by 'Dirty Bombs' on Tuesday...as Simon's let us ponder about....or maybe hunted down by some imported Alien Species like the Chupacabra
Attached File  Chupacabra_2.jpg   163.31KB   64 downloads
*HELP...living in an uncertain and WILD world./'S'

*AND JUST RECENTLY...

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
…Well, speaking of BIG CATS/'S'

Big Cat Observed Near Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

The "Wildcat of the Chilterns" has been spotted again.

The latest sighting was made by Nigel Spiers, who was driving to work early on Tuesday morning when he came across what he believes may have been a black panther.

He was in Greys Road just before Highlands Farm when he saw the creature sitting at the roadside.

Mr Spiers, 45, of Farm Road, Henley, said: "He was sitting down and just looking at me and didn't seem at all bothered I was there. He just stood up, ducked his head and, with two loping strides, was through the hedge and into the field."

He said the animal was about the size of a labrador.

"It was jet black," said Mr Spiers. "I know my wildlife and it was not a dog. I am certain it was a big cat. It looked just like a panther. It had the most beautiful tail, which was like that of a cheetah, designed to help balance when running."

Mr Spiers, a sash window renovator, said the animal could have been hunting rabbits.

He added: "I was aware that big cats like this had been seen before. My boss saw one once so I was not that surprised."

There has been a catalogue of sightings of similar creatures in the area. In 1998, in the space of just a few months, there were reports of a panther-like animal in Goring, Stoke Row, Fawley, Ipsden and Woodcote.

In May 2001, one was spotted in Nuffield and in June 2005 a beige big cat was seen by a train driver near Wargrave station.

In the same month, the shopkeeper at Binfield Heath stores saw a big cat resembling a panther walking through the centre of the village and a woman spotted one a week earlier in Harpsden.

In September 2006, there were reports from Nettlebed and Sonning Eye, where an angler said the creature was larger than his 7st dog,

The last sighting before Tuesday's was at Cookley Green when a large cat-like creature was seen jumping a stie by the B481.

Paul Westwood, who runs Big Cat Monitors, said South Oxfordshire was a hotspot for sightings.

"There has been quite a lot of activity in the area," he said. "I am convinced these creatures are either panthers or black leopards."

He advised anyone who came across a not to panic.

"Stand still and don't run," he said. "Avoid making eye contact and just slowly back away."

Mr Westwood said it is possible the animals were kept in a private collection and had escaped.

There is no distinct species as black panther. The term is used to describe a number of wild black-coated cats, normally leopards or jaguars. They get their colour from excessive production of melanin and are normally found in the dense, tropical rain forests of south east Asia.

#8 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 734 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

Put my saucer of milk out tonight ^_^

#9 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Put my saucer of milk out tonight ^_^

*Figures,
...BUT, will it entice/catch the 'Ghost'/EBE Cat? Hmmm/'S' :)

#10 Yaeger

Yaeger

Advanced Member

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:Politics. I am a conservative libertarian

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

Probably escapees from private zoos. A few`years ago when I was involved with the anti-motorway campaign at Tara, Co. Meath, local supporters told us stories about sightings of a large cat in the area as well. Sheep cadavers have been found as well.
-----------------------------------------------------
Michael Martin

#11 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

more dog than cat, but there have been a few instances with foxes recently which are of note.

In one a fox attached twin baby girls sleeping in their cots in the bedroom indoors. Thankfully both survived and after a stay in hospital are home again.

In another instance a girl aged 12 and some friends were feeking adventurous and wanted a sleep over in a tent - so they did this in one of their back gardens and one of the girls was attacked whilst she slept... again, not seriously hurt, nevertheless the fact is that it happened.

I wonder if the wild cats would attack humans too?

Simon

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#12 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hi Simon
judging by the cattle mutilations - a saucer of milk doesn't seem to be what they are after