#1 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:all and anything Paranormal - Ufo - Spirit - Egypt
    my other websites http://www.reocities.com/love-network/index.html
    blues guitar - travel - music (my photos of groups http://thecameronsclub.webs.com/apps/photos/ )

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

http://uk.news.yahoo...aHRfMQ--;_ylv=3

RSPB officials said the slime bore the appearance of "something living" - and the public have been warned not to touch any of the pools of slime.
Today is only Yesterdays Tomorrow

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

*Yo PilgrIm,
...Firstly, I'd thought you'd been 'LIFTED' from the Planet...having not heard from you for yonks. Probably busy lazing around somewhere and brain dead...you know Zombie fashion. I mourned.

Anywho...the so called Jelly (What your local yokels named as 'slime') is what Frogs Eggs are immersed in...nothing sinister or out of the ordinary if one has spent anytime outdoors doing nature treks this time of year...where frogs are laying their eggs along with this 'GOO'.

What kind of Naturalists/or Nature Ph.d's do you have in this part of the world? If they had 'another' brain cell...it would be lonely. No joke!!
Are you sure they were 'Scientists'...and that they proclaimed 'Bafflement'? I mean. Is there something in the drinking water there...or is it the Pubs?

In Somerset huh? Did they have to bring in 'Scientists'? Only aware of 'New Agers' looking for ascension and 'World Peace' in that County.

Well, in Glastonbury there are some good accredited practitioners of 'The Old Ways' and of a psychic/paranormal bent for real, which can be acknowledged.

Wouldn't count on the 'Kids' there though...most looking for a way to ask something of the world and Society...(called 'entitlements' and social welfare) and give back nothing.

Getting back to 'frog goo'...we grow up with/and witness this 'stuff' during these seasons in the States.

Very difficult to talk about or allude to...in any sane manner...people/or even dumbed down Ph.d's...who have NEVER encountered the reason for/or the appearance of this frog 'goo'.

It is a 'spectacular', wondrous, and beautious sight, to see this 'Froggy Swarm' stretching out over ponds, rivers, and lakes. Not to ever be forgotten.

To quote just one write up:
Sorry, but there won’t be any pictures of frogs having sex in this post. Why not? Because frogs (Xenopus laevis) are external fertilizers; the females lay their eggs in a pond, and then the males release sperm out into the open water.
In just plain pond water, frog sperm will slow down within minutes. This is a serious problem for a sperm cell that wants to fertilize an egg, because it will never make it through the thick jelly layer of the egg if it doesn’t keep its speed up. Research from Nathan Tholl, Douglas Chandler and colleagues at Arizona State University recently showed that there is a chemical in the egg jelly that keeps sperm going strong until they get to the egg surface. The research was published in the journal The Biological Bulletin. The full article is available online here.
**Or here:

http://nittygrittysc...-gear-in-frogs/

I mean :huh: /'S'

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...It IS incredible you know. So many people E-mailing or doubting that the 'green slime' or frog jelly is ACTUAL...and still wondering what the 'stuff' is in Somerset.
Guess I'll have to give an actual VIDEO Link...TO SHOW folks how rediculous the 'scientists' investigating, what is really only tadpole/baby frog development, don't know.

Can't believe this crazy investigation...where a perfectly natural ocurrance is 'baffling science'. Has to be a HOAX or at least a report by someone never experiencing this happening frequently in Nature this time of year. Anyway, have a gander below and solve your topic problems. Thanks/'S'

#4 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Saw this in a mainstream newspaper today (Tues 5th March 2013)! They are as baffled as ever, but also referenced previous times that comets have been visible and suggest that this slime is actually related to some kind of cometary event.

Simon
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#5 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

*OMG,
...Simon, of all people. Thought you would have been UP on this.
I've seen/experienced all this...all round the world. PERFECTLY NATURAL. Where are these Scientific Heads, and what's wrong with them.

I've given ALL THE EVIDENCE in this Topic...from Videos/links/etc.
NOW, I'll throw in a photo. I mean...how dumbed down are people, and how 'not into Nature' are they?

CLICK on PHOTO TO ENLARGE OF COURSE...dummies/'S'

Attached File  FROG EGGS IN JELLY-PHOTO.jpg   39.35KB   1 downloads

ps...Speaking at the 'PROBE U.K. INTERNATIONAL' in March, so maybe see you all there (May have to bring a WHOLE POND of green slime-pollywogs in jelly). Check the Link below for details...scoll down to 'Sweeps'-thanks/'S'

http://www.ukprobe.com/

#6 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Sweeps,

I also thought of frog spawn, yet a newspaper article was talking about a strange slime not seen since a comet came in the middle ages.

Its not yet 1st April!

Simon

#7 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

*DOUBLE 'OMG',
...This 'pools of green slime'...always associated, happens yearly in many world places. The only real question is...'Is Britian the only Contry...with scientists unfamiliar with NATURE'?

NO Simon...Comets have nothing to do with it. The poor deluded fools of Yor, and now seems also of today.

Travel with me...see this as a
Ubiquitous thing.

I mean. Peasants/'S'

*CLICK below for the FULL Picture show of Tadpoles/pollywogs/etc. THE 'GREEN SLIME' folks is 'Algae'. Tough

http://flickrhivemin...les/Interesting

#8 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yes I recall seeing frog spawn from when I was child, yet as the links below suggest, the media really did suggest that this was something very different!

Simon

http://theextinction...ked-to-meteors/

A “weird” green slime said in folklore to appear at the same time as meteors hit Earth has been found in a birdlife park in Somerset. The RSPB has appealed for help in identifying the slime, which is said to be scattered on grass banks close to pools and lakes around Ham Wall Nature Reserve near Glastonbury. The jelly-like substance could be bacteria, fungus or toad innards, wildlife experts said. Some believe it could be a substance that has been written about for centuries called star or astral jelly, which is said to appear in the wake of meteor showers. Its appearance has coincided with a meteor strike in Russia and the harmless fly-by of an asteroid at a record distance from Earth in February...

http://www.slashgear...%28SlashGear%29

http://www.ibtimes.c...slime-comet.htm

Edited by simple simon, 06 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#9 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

*I applaud your desire, maybe the enthusiasm, to answer/jump into this discussion 'from work' alright,
...You know though, I feel almost ridiculous to have to again explain what people have no experience with. So, I'll just submit what I hope to be the final note on this nonsense. Thanks/'S'

There has never been a valid connection made between “star jelly”, or pwdr sêr, and meteor showers. But a connection has been made to fungus, frog spawn and polymers used for floral arrangements. Take a look at this agricultural polymer. (Tip: Richard Cornford) Also, see the Skeptoid entry on star jelly:

Perhaps the most important weak assumption about star jelly is its origin: having fallen from the sky. News reports almost always state the substance rained out of the sky, and indeed, most people talking to the reporters honestly believe that it did. Most of them are probably assuming it, but others have a firmer conviction. They saw the ground with no star jelly, then maybe regular rain fell or maybe nothing fell, and then they observed the star jelly. No other apparent explanation was possible, so the notion of its having fallen is often taken for granted as an observation. But the fact is that there is no testable, non-anecdotal evidence that any star jelly has ever fallen from the sky.
Though there are several possibilities, slime mold is most logical explanation for the pond-side slime. It looks gross but is not dangerous.

UPDATE: The Telegraph reports it’s been tested and is frog spawn. Wait, it’s SPRING over there?! Jealous.
Tony Whitehead, spokesperson for the RSPB , explained: “At this time of year amphibians are spawning. The spawn is held in a substance known as glycoprotein which is stored in the female’s body.
“If the animal is attacked by a predator – herons for instance are fond of the occasional frog – it will quite naturally drop its spawn and the associated glycoprotein. This is designed to swell on contact with water, which gives the gelatinous mass we are all familiar with in frog spawn. However, if it’s unfertilized, it is just the empty glycoprotein that is dropped – which on contact with moist ground will swell and give a clear slime like substance.

http://doubtfulnews.com/2013/02/green-goo-not-from-cosmic-event