9 replies to this topic

#1 ziy

ziy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Science, Electronics, Computers and Technology

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Hi all, new to the site. Does anyone hold any regular sky watches that members of the public can go to? I'm in Dublin but willing to travel if needed. I love the night and would like to spend it with like minded people and to have a few discussions.

Thank you for your time.

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

*Hiya Ziy,
...Welcome to the gang here on the Forums Pages.
See if you can come up with a photo of yourself, or something you want to represent yourself. Put it in your PROFILE PAGE...and any other info you may want to share.

OK...'Skywatches'. We do a number during each year. Most are done by 'independents'...forming their own Skywatch group(s). We do ours from Monaghan usually...unless 'called' to a specific site ahead of time...so we can arrange travel/etc.

We do get the reports of SKYWATCHERS across Ireland....and many other countries. Of course we rely on their integrity in reporting/organizing. When we receive report of 'sightings' and anomalous happenings we try to get corroborating witnesses or make calls in the area involved to interview folks about what they saw.

We ask for videos and photos as well, and for 'interviewing' of the witnesses on our 'Sweeps' Fox Show'-Radio Ireland. We also go on other Radio/TV Shows when asked, and have been damned successful presenting current verified 'sightings'.

*CHECK OUT SOME OF THE LINKS BELOW-GET FAMILIAR WITH US:

http://www.irishufol...%20FEB%2013.asx

http://www.irishufol.../tallwhites.asx

You could even organize your own 'Skywatch'. If you look, use our Forum Search Engine...you'll see hundreds of skywatch reports or individual reports and group reports. Listen to 'my' radio shows gratis on irishufology dot net...the main page. But search TOPICS, look through them and pick up info that you want on the subject and others. We have thousands of them.

We applaud and support your interest. Thanks for being here...and ask more questions and give us some details on yourself and anything you've seen or want to talk about.

Where are you from in Ireland?...interests...other things.

Big cheers/'Sweeps' :) :excl:

#3 ziy

ziy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for that warm welcome. I've been interested in the unexplained for years but never really followed it anywhere so thought it time to get involved. I had a look on Google for Irish groups involved in UFOs and found this site, is this the only group in Ireland, is the subject of UFOs not that common in Ireland?

I'm from North Co.Dublin myself, interests would involve technology and electronics myself. I also had a sighting when I was younger in the Wicklow mountains and I wasn't on my own incase people think I'm crazy.

#4 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

Ziy,
...Warm welcome or not, you don't seem to understand who/what we are. Don't think you've really looked around our site.

**We are very tough here**

We have seen, communicated with, had multiple experiences with, filmed them, been on ALL the Radio, TV Shows, Coast to Coast, Lecturing at Universities and conferences (the BIG ones), written book....done documentaries as well...and seen 'them'/different species all over the world.

Don't think you're crazy...but you must understand 'The Skies Of Ireland are Alive'...same as most places. You have 'entities walking among you'. I myself have been on all the above programs and written books...was in Military Intelligence for years....and say 'KNOWING...is better than believing'.

People who want to see UFO's/ET's WILL, otherwise folks can block these things out successfully.

Again...if you want to discuss, be in on all this, start 'skywatching'/etc....then get jumping. Put in your PROFILE PAGE...otherwise I don't want to baby sit you.

Go through our 'listings', Topics, and subjects of interest...but don't ask me about 'other' forums/groups in Ireland...because quite simply...they 'don't know the 1st thing'.

If you're offended by this answer/reply...that's your problem. Maybe one or more of the other members will chime in/set you straight. Or, maybe they don't care either/'S'

#5 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hello Ziy,

Its good to be curious about things and have an open mind to the idea that we are not alone.

I must admit that I've not gone sky watching before - perhaps because I never needed to see them to accept that they are there... and anyway they found me without my looking for them!

For instance: after a visit to Avebury, Silbury Hill etc when looking at my photos I found this...

Posted Image

I did not see them at the time! This was a decade ago and probably I did have the desire to see 'something' when visiting that area.

A slide show of pics can be found here...

http://citytransport...lburyhill3.html

I've had other encounters too, but they were not photographed.

regards

Simon, in London

Edited by simple simon, 09 August 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#6 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

*APPLAUSE Simon,
...A 'VERY WELL DONE' :excl: :)
And, of course most interesting. Yes, I've been 'there' as well...lots of MYSTERIES. in that area. Your 'slide show' tells the story convincingly.

I'm more than a bit jaded at this point...dealing with Newbies. Tired of 'teaching' I guess. All this should be OBVIOUS by now...'UFO's/ET's' have been here before us, and it still galls me that people believe MEDIA and POLITITIANS over their own desire/needs to see/experience 'THEM'. So many different species...and with my background/etc. it's just 2nd nature since I too have worked with...etc etc.

But just a 'glad hand' that you came in on this...with my patience running so low with skeptics, or even those who have 'seen or experienced' but submit silly questions and concerns.

Knowing 'them'...their agendas as 'species', and witnessing in action what they can do...is definitely almost fantasy and slow moving according to 'Human' systems of understanding. The inter-mix of the Paranormal, and ultra dimensional things also must confuse most folks.

Thanks again/'S'

#7 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Alas Skylark, you, me, we have work to do which will include discussion with many newbies who will want and need their hands holding (metaphorically speaking, of course).

As anyone who has ever worked in a public-facing role where there is a constant stream of new people will know, they will all be asking very similar questions... and often will ask them multiple times as even when you answer them the second time the information has still not fired the right synapses within the cranial cavity. Its not their fault and I am not being critical of anyone in saying this, its just how some people are... in one ear, out the other. The human brain can only absorb so much new data at a time. I can be like this too, sometimes.

Then there are the questions which make you cringe, because to your ears they are so dumb - typically this happens because some people are so unknowing (ie: its all so new to them) that they do not even know the right questions to ask! I've done this myself too.

This makes life very repetative, when I was working on an exhibition stand at London's Earls Court exhibition centre I had to stand there and smile sweetly, like a department store mannequin - but sometimes its the only way.

Having a handout sheet with basic answers that people can take away with them helps. Or a webpage that is formated in "printer friendly" style which people are invited to print out and read (and re-read, multiple times) when away from the computer.

Hope this helps

Simon

Edited by simple simon, 11 August 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#8 ziy

ziy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for all the information and it's very hard to offend so no worries. I've updated my profile with a bit about me. I'll have a read over exiting topics and discussion before I start getting involved in discussion here.

Thanks simple simon for laying out the information you supplied in an easy to digest manor.

#9 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

You're welcome Ziy. Now is a great time to be looking at these topics... so much is going on and so few people have any idea.

Simon

#10 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hello ziy,

Have you seen the information about Charles Hall and the Tall Whites?

You may have heard about area 51 and all that; however whats not well known is that there are people from another planet living near there; they were living there before Europeans settled in what we know call the USA and for a few years Charles Hall found himself working near their encampment, which nowadays is protected by the military. So, he got to meet them...

http://www.irishufol...wtopic=9945

------------------------------

btw, have you heard of NASA's "SETI" (search for extraterrestrial intelligence) programme where the public are invited to let their computers help NASA scan star maps for evidence of ET? What a terrible farce this is.... when their own military is actively protecting some ET's, as I said above

Simon.

Edited by simple simon, 18 August 2013 - 08:46 PM.