• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

Its been so chilly here the past week that some people have switched on their central heating. In August!

Simon

-----------------------------------

http://www.bbc.com/n...slands-28885119

Hazards common in arctic and alpine areas but described as "extremely unusual" in the UK during the summer have been found on Ben Nevis.

A team of climbers and scientists investigating the mountain's North Face said snowfields remained in many gullies and upper scree slopes.

On these fields, they have come across compacted, dense, ice hard snow call neve.
Neve is the first stage in the formation of glaciers, the team said.

The team has also encountered sheets of snow weighing hundreds of tonnes and tunnels and fissures known as bergschrunds.

The large, deep cracks in the ice are found at the top of glaciers.
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...Very possible, with all the new studies, that we'll have a 'MINI-ICE AGE' before any 'Climate warming nonsense. 'THEY' are finding out? NO, 'THEY' are finally ADMITTING, in some circles, that the SUN is 'responsiple' for Climate changes on planet Earth...and nothing to do with Carbon emissions or the presence of 'Man making a difference to Climate' in any shape or form from his/her Industries.

There are, of course, the 'Weather Influencing'/MODIFICATION programs...such as HAARP, Scalar Technology, and a better disclosure about CHEMTRAILS....depositing heavy metals, and anyother dumping for whatever purpose to change both Weather and global population issues.

Before I get all cold and shivering waiting for maybe a new earlier hard Autumn and Winter though, think I'll see if we get an INDIAN SUMMER interlude at all. Hope so/'S' :(

#3 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Its warmed up a little here (today). Whilst out and about I saw some newspaper headlines saying that the weather will be much warmer in September.

I suspect that global politics will also be sizzling hot... and matters financial. A lady I know used a pendulum and got an answer that the reval will be in early September. Do I believe this? How can I - and risk having hopes dashed for the umpteenth time? Since I know that readers will be curious I'll add that she did not say whether this also means the Biblical-style Jubilee (where all bank debts are zeroed) and prosperity packages for the few will also happen in September.

Hopefully the warmer weather will be good for the garden - I've been busy harvesting beans, figs and tomatoes (various colours and sizes- yellow, orange, black, pink, large, small - but not red as these are "common").

Simon

Edited by simple simon, 28 August 2014 - 09:30 PM.

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.