• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Well America now has Hamza. The TV news said that life for him will be very unpleasent in the US jails, he will be treated much more harshly than had been been extradited to somehwere in Europe, and his human rights will not be respected.

OK, maybe they are right, certainly the way prisoners are treated in the US is seen as bordering on medieval brutality compared with how things are done elsewhere (although there are far worse places... ie: many 3rd world nations). Its so easy to say that one does not fellow humans being treated in such ways, but what he was advocating for everyone else was far worse.

There is no easy answer - except to say that if people respected their fellow humans (rather than preached for their deaths) then they would be much less likely to end up in a Dickensian jail.

I probably sound harsh and judgemental. In reality I'm not - in fact I do wish for peace in the Middle East - and that visitors should have the same rights to object to the locals as Hamza had when here. I also favour education of Ladies, and the right of Islamic people to go toi Mosques on Fridays without the fear of being blown up by bombs by their fellow Moslems.
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#22 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Skylark, you talk about Britain and the US in 20 years from now; I think France will be there sooner!

The treatment of women is, AIUI, karmic punishment for how they treated men in a previous era. That said, time is up, the debt is repaid, and we are (said to be) on the cusp of a new era of equality.

One of the biggest challenges we face seems to be religious extremism. There is a need for reformation within Islam, similar to what happened in Christianity - because at one time Christains also treated ladies badly and saw education of the masses in a very negative light. Even 'ordinary people' learning to read was frowned upon.

Simon
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#23 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Clinton takes responsibility for consulate security... blames confusion on 'fog of war', ‘What ever the Hell that means’/’S’

*’Sweeps’ NOTE
...LIES and DECEPTION in an election year...from ‘Obama’s Administration’, as Hillary Clinton is forced to take the blame for the lack of security at the Bengazi Libya ‘TERRORIST ATTACK’ which killed 4 Americans including the Ambassador/’S’

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took responsibility Monday night for any security failures leading up to the consulate attack last month in Libya that killed an the American ambassador, but she seemed to push back against claims of a cover-up, blaming the "fog of war" for the Obama administration's shifting explanations for the attack.

Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the assault on the consulate in Benghazi. Administration officials initially suggested that the attack was "spontaneous" violence that grew out of protests over an anti-Islam film, rather than a premeditated attack.

It later became clear that intelligence officials suspected terrorism almost immediately, and investigators now think extremists tied to Al Qaeda carried out a coordinated attack, with no evidence that the attack was preceded by a protest outside the consulate.

Clinton, however, attributed the administration's shifting story to "the confusion you get in any type of combat situation."
"Remember, this was an attack that went on for hours," Clinton said in an interview with Fox News during a trip to Peru. "There had to be a lot of sorting out. ... Everyone said, here's what we know, subject to change."

**CLICK BELOW FOR VIDEO LINK:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/15/clinton-takes-responsibility-for-consulate-security-blames-confusion-on-fog-war/

#24 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

*HERE WE 'GO AGAIN'....THIS TIME IN SYRIA. TIME TO STOP THE U N AND NATA AND THE WESTERN INTERFERENCE IN THE 'MIDDLE EAST'.

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...U.S SUPPORTED 'FREE SYRIAN ARMY'/FSA-ARE ACTUALLY 'SALAFI JIHADISTS' FROM SAUDIA ARABIA...THE SAME ONES WHO KILLED THE LIBYAN U.S. AMBASSADOR AND 3 OTHERS. We warned you all, very early, about the true nature of the 'Arab Spring'...we warn you all now about what will happen next...and bring more destruction to the entire world/'S'

The UN sent a peace envoy headed by Lakhdar Brahimi, to assess the damage being inflicted on Syria by the US-supported terrorists called the Free Syrian Army (FSA). Brahimi requested a temporary cease fire while he was in Syria; as well as for the Muslim holiday beginning October 26th.

The FSA, being leaderless, is expected to have a difficult time signing an agreement of ceasefire.

Last week, the Human Rights Watch, a UN non-governmental organization (NGO) claimed that the Syrian government had used cluster bombs against the FSA. Assad denied having possession of these weapons. According to a statement: “The Syrian Arab Army does not possess these kinds of weapons and affirms that these reports (of their use) are completely untrue.”

Footage provided by the FSA have turned up images of these cluster bombs, which explode mid-air and rain down smaller bomblets over a specified area. An anonymous “citizen journalist” just happened to capture photos of these cluster bombs located in a home.

The HRW asked Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov about the cluster bombs. Lavrov <a href="http://rt.com/politi...n-rights-448/">replied that he had no legitimate confirmation that suggested “the bombs could have been made by former Warsaw Pact countries. The region is full of weapons. Weapons are being sent to Syria and other countries of the region in huge quantities. It’s very hard to establish who is supplying ammunition and other types of weaponry and from where.”

The FSA are comprised of Salafi militants from Saudi Arabia. The same faction of terrorists that attacked the villa where US Ambassador Stevens was murdered is in Syria fighting the proxy war for the United States.