#1 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:05 PM

*Well, here's what the Cassini 'Team' are telling us:

Not since the Voyager 1 spacecraft saw our home as a pale blue dot from beyond the orbit of Neptune has Earth been imaged in color from the outer solar system. Now, Cassini casts powerful eyes on our home planet, and captures the Earth, a pale blue orb--and a faint suggestion of our Moon--among the glories of the Saturn system.
*CLICK on their PHOTO-Earth from Saturn-beautiful though
-Taken in Sept. 2006
Attached File  EARTH_FROM_SATURN_CASSINI2.jpg   36.25KB   659 downloads

The Earth is captured here in a natural color portrait made possible by the passing of Saturn directly in front of the Sun from Cassini's point of view. At the distance of Saturn's orbit, Earth is too narrowly separated from the Sun for the spacecraft to safely point its cameras and other instruments toward its birthplace without protection from the sun's glare.

The Earth-Moon system is visible as a bright blue point on the right side of the image above center. Here, Cassini is looking down on the Atlantic Ocean and the western coast of North Africa. The phase angle of the Earth, seen from Cassini is about 30 degrees.

A magnified view of the image taken through the clear filter shows the Moon as a dim protrusion to the upper left of the Earth. Seen from the outer solar system through Cassini's cameras, the entire expanse of direct human experience, so far, is nothing more than a few pixels across.

Earth no longer holds the distinction of being our solar system's only "water world," as several other bodies suggest the possibility that they too harbor liquid water beneath their surfaces. The Saturnian moon, Enceladus, is among them.

*OK…That's what they say. Now, Technically they have a point…FROM THAT DISTANCE. But, least we forget…the ESA-European Space Agency…sent back a NEAT 'SHOT' of Earth from their Mars Orbiter YEARS AGO.
Take a look…2 VIEWS. Just to remind folks…and to present this PHOTO to those who may have missed it.
*CLICK-Photos of EARTH FROM MARS-2 views
-Photo Left also has a 'Mock Up' of the actual regions viewd in the Pic
Attached File  EARTH_AS_VIEWD_FROM_MARS2.jpg   113.99KB   621 downloads Attached File  Earth_from_Mars_photo2.jpg   69.94KB   584 downloads

[size=4]Thanks/'Sweeps

#2 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:32 PM

Is that really us, such a small dot???

wow

Simon

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

Is that really us, such a small dot???

wow

Simon

Hmmm Simon,
...Well 'Yes', a small dot when viewed from Saturn. All one's perspective/relativity of things huh?
BUT...look at the beautiful 'SHOT' from Mars...a lot closer.
Earth...still a wondrous Blue Orb, on a distant 'Spiral arm' of the Milky Way Galaxy. Cheers/'S' :)

#4 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:22 PM

Hi Sweeps, and everyone,

I've been seeing chatter online suggesting that this probe is going to be crashed in to Saturn, with the aim of trying to ignite it into becoming a second sun in our solar system.

Estimated time frame is the next 6 months; especially July.

The chatter also talked of the ignition, if it works, causing Saturn to send out some physical matter which a few weeks later will reach here and rain down upon us (over a period of a few weeks).

I am not saying that I believe the chatter. Nor that I think its total bunkham. Rather that am aware of a possibility so that if it happens I will have a handle on whats going on - and what comes next!

regards,

Simon

#5 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

Hi Sweeps, and everyone,

I've been seeing chatter online suggesting that this probe is going to be crashed in to Saturn, with the aim of trying to ignite it into becoming a second sun in our solar system.

Estimated time frame is the next 6 months; especially July.

The chatter also talked of the ignition, if it works, causing Saturn to send out some physical matter which a few weeks later will reach here and rain down upon us (over a period of a few weeks).

I am not saying that I believe the chatter. Nor that I think its total bunkham. Rather that am aware of a possibility so that if it happens I will have a handle on whats going on - and what comes next!

regards,

Simon

*Right you are Simon,
...To be concerned. Here's the LINK to our full Forum story on THAT./'S' :angry:

My Webpage

#6 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the link Sweeps.

Simon

#7 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the link Sweeps.

Simon

*Certainly my pleasure Simon...and all,
...With 'all the alarm bells ringing'...and people as usual not paying attention. How could they? So programmed are they to 'the daily routines/grind...in 'The Box'. When things start happening...it will be so quick...those unprepared...WELL!/'S' :angry:

#8 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

Hi Skylark, Captain, 'anyone' who is 'out there'...

I've seen it said that something has happened to Saturn's rings? But only from an astrologer type person.

Have you heard anything? Or is this just a big heap of BS?

Simon

#9 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hi Skylark, Captain, 'anyone' who is 'out there'...

I've seen it said that something has happened to Saturn's rings? But only from an astrologer type person.

Have you heard anything? Or is this just a big heap of BS?

Simon

*Hi Simon,
...Yes, 'they've' FOUND new things in the Rings...put there by whom? Will try and find the Link/article/photos/etc.
Meanwhile...yes indeed Sweeps or Captain or who's out there. Feel like closing down this whole Forum.
See 'SETH' searching on the Forum lately...but NOT A SINGLE TOPIC can he find to comment on...among to MANY up every day. Dam.
...But I'm on a 'Political Rampage'...to save Ireland and THE U.K. and Europe from the 'Lisbon Treaty'-Replay.
Nice to know YOU are still around. People are sooooo 'Dumbed Down'.
Assholes...and I say that as an Absolute...won't even rise to THIS.
'If they had another bain cell...it would be lonely'./'S'

**Here's your 'New Moonlit' in the Rings Link-below:

Visit My Website

#10 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Skylark.

re: the moonlet, I wonder, could it be an occupied craft?? (ie, an UFO?)

The info I saw btw was that the rings had 'gone', which even to my 'non astronomer' ears sounded somewaht odd, as surely if such had happened the mass media would have reported it...

Simon

#11 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

Thanks Skylark.

re: the moonlet, I wonder, could it be an occupied craft?? (ie, an UFO?)

The info I saw btw was that the rings had 'gone', which even to my 'non astronomer' ears sounded somewaht odd, as surely if such had happened the mass media would have reported it...

Simon

*Hi Simon,
...How was your 200 mile drive?/Joke
Yep, we can speculate about the newly FOUND Moonlet huh?
...NOW, I had heard of the same 'Rings had gone' story. But the truth is...it was some kind of Ruse by Astronomers to get people's attention. Turns out simply...that the 'RINGS' that particular night wouldn't have been able to be seen by telescopes due to the 'Angle' Saturn had entered as Juxtaposed from the Earth. That's it. Best/'S'

#12 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

aha!

Thanks ;)

Simon