Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Ttip - A Secret Trade Deal & Humiliation For Wanting To Have A Say!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:11 AM

David Babbs of the lobby group 38 Degrees was asked to explain to the Business Select Committee (I assume this is a British Houses of Parliament Committee) why 38 Degrees members are so worried about TTIP.

But once he got there it became pretty obvious that their real objective was solely to attack 38 Degrees members for wanting to know more (before the deal is signed) and having a say!

They kept arguing that 38 Degrees members didn’t know enough to have valid opinions about the deal. And when it was suggested that people do not trust politicians to deal with something as important as this behind closed doors, the chairman told him to shut up!

BBC radio put together a short report about what happened. It’s just three minutes long, and well worth a listen...

Note that the webpage also asks for donations, however there is no charge to listen to the short radio report.

It seems obvious that this trade deal contains clauses which ordinary people will find objectional, otherwise the politicians would not be discussing it in secrecy and behind our backs!

Simon - aghast and horrified, and wondering whether he would be "disappeared" (or perhaps have a fatal "accident") if he contacts an MP to complain about this!

ps: more about TTIP can be read here:

Edited by skylark, 04 May 2015 - 07:49 PM.

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#2 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

I listened to the Project Camelot discussion with the lady who is the daughter of King Edward Vlll who abdicated in 1936 (Emily Elizabeth Windsor Cragg) and if I heard correctly then she said that the Tall Whites are behind the TPP trade deal, which of course is the Pacific Ocean nations trade deal, whilst TTIP is for the Atlantic Ocean nations.

If I heard correctly then its quite a "wow", and makes me wonder what else is in the trade deal beyond the already much hated "investor state dispute" secret courts. These secret courts allow corporations to sue a national government for loss of profits if the government does something (for instance to protect human health or the environment) that the corporation dislikes.

In effect the TTIP and TPP trade deals seem to be about reassigning human rights away from people to corporations! In the process destroying local democracy. (because even if a democratically elected government passes a law the secret courts can overrule that law!)

=====================================

This came to me via Twitter: It uses real events to explain exactly why the secret courts are such a serious issue.

Rather than quote these however, my quote points to those who are foistering this unwelcome trade deal and its pernicious secret courts upon us ALL.

Simon

Think Ireland getting sued by a tobacco company is odd? Then worry about this EU-US trade deal

http://www.thejourna...r2015/#comments

Currently we are unique in being the only EU country that has not signed an investment treaty that includes an ISDS mechanism. However, Minister for Trade Richard Bruton was one of 14 EU trade ministers who penned a letter to the EU Trade Commissioner last October, requesting that ISDS be included in TTIP, despite opposition from countries like France, Germany and Austria.

We know the US has told EU negotiators that the exclusion of ISDS would be a deal-breaker. Our strong ties with the US, and our government’s continuous ringing endorsements of TTIP to date, may account for Bruton’s willingness to provide his signature.

**YES-MSM 'not informing the world/citizens' of this DEAL-all being done in ultra-Secret. It will create Business Hegemonies which will/can mimic and compete as a 'CORPORATE STATE' against National Governments. This is surrender of all National sovereignties to Corporations. Diabolical and will cause worldwide Corporate REAL GUN TOTTING WARS AND 'take freedoms from all National Governments and their own Constitutions. How the Hell did we get in this mess of SECRECY???/'S' 

Edited by skylark, 04 May 2015 - 07:52 PM.
Added information without formal reply

#3 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

The Conservative party winning the May 2015 general election with an unexpected outright majority in the House of Commons does not bode well for those protesting against TTIP and ISDS.

Simon

#4 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

Obama's plans for trade deals with Asia and Europe in tatters after Senate vote

Senate legislation fails to pass after Democrats put concerns about US jobs ahead of president’s argument that trade deals will boost global economy.

http://www.theguardi...hip-senate-vote

--------------------------

This vote means that the Senate will want to discuss the trade deal, find out what its all about, etc, this being exactly what the President and (no doubt) large corporations did not want.

Lets see what happens next...

Simon

edited to add: a few days later they voted again and alas, this time Obama got his way.

Edited by simple simon, 22 May 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#5 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

http://www.theguardi...MP=share_btn_tw

US trade officials pushed EU to shelve action on endocrine-disrupting chemicals linked to cancer and male infertility to facilitate TTIP free trade deal