#1 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:all and anything Paranormal - Ufo - Spirit - Egypt
    my other websites http://www.reocities.com/love-network/index.html
    blues guitar - travel - music (my photos of groups http://thecameronsclub.webs.com/apps/photos/ )

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

Plans to close a main road running past Stonehenge are to go ahead.
English Heritage wants to stop traffic from travelling close to the stones and "restore the dignity" of the World Heritage Site by closing the A344.
The road from the A303 at Stonehenge Bottom to west of the visitor centre has already been approved for closure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...tshire-16352307

B)

Today is only Yesterdays Tomorrow

#2 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

*Been in the Plans for a while Seth,
...Glad, hopefully, to see action being taken on this now...as it will help preserve and maintain the Site. Been there a few times...with all sorts 'milling around', and one wondered how long it would be before damage/disrespect would make 'a mockery' of this Heritage.
Thanks for the update...but still with 'fingers crossed'....why? Because it's a Political THING/'S'

#3 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

I'd rather that they did not close the road, as I'd rather be able to get a good view of the stones without having to use the visitor centre and its car park.

I suspect that making money / denying access to those who wont pay is behind the closure plans.

Simon
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#4 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

*ALL Good points Simon....but it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I too enjoyed seeing the 'Standing STONES' from the Road....AND didn't want to use the visitors parking area and the the damned fenced in long walk around/etc.
Still, there IS abuse going on by both individuals and groups. We use to be able to walk right up to the 'STONES' and mull in and out between them. That goes back a few years huh?
Something had changed and the 'civic minded/caring public somehow turned into 'Zombies' or dumbed down to prankish activity and plain ignorance. So, what to do/ Have to protect the Heritage Place.

Lots of YOBS out there kid....try waling around that area, as any other area with maddening 'bad vibes' city type people, and have a gander at the antics and disregard. Too bad/'S'

#5 Seth Haniel

Seth Haniel

A Chief Ufologiist

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:all and anything Paranormal - Ufo - Spirit - Egypt
    my other websites http://www.reocities.com/love-network/index.html
    blues guitar - travel - music (my photos of groups http://thecameronsclub.webs.com/apps/photos/ )

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Had the privilege to get a Pass to the inner circle of StoneHenge way back in 1993 - so had about an hour with a group from the Essene Network who were playing host to Peruvian UFO expert 'Sixto Paz'
got some nice photo's - a Hopi meditation within the stones - and a radiation burn on my hand and face for the effort
- also toured other monuments - climbed Silbury Hill (now offlimits too) - Glastonbury Tor etc, .etc, over a week tour

:)

Today is only Yesterdays Tomorrow

#6 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sounds great Seth - radiation burn apart (just how did you get THAT???).

Avebury is still open, you can walk up to and touch these stones. But do watch where you walk as the grazing sheep tend to leave small black 'deposits' such as you would rather not get on your shoes (or sit on!!).

Simon

#7 Yaeger

Yaeger

Advanced Member

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:Politics. I am a conservative libertarian

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

I was visiting the Hill of Tara and nearby sites at Skreen and Rath Lugh yesterday. The motorway they constructed through this ancient network of heritage sites has utterly destroyed the entire landscape in the Tara valley. Fair play to the English for trying to protect Stonehenge. I wish the Irish government would feel as strongly about Tara and undo the damage they did a few years ago.
-----------------------------------------------------
Michael Martin

#8 simple simon

simple simon

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I heard on the radio traffic news today that this road has now been closed and the closure is causing traffic congestion.

Simon

(Monday 24th June 2013)