• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Well we all know that the NHS permits leaving hospital patients to die through withholding food / liquids / medicines. But usually that is for senior citizens.

Now there is this.

At least the info is in the open, so that people can be aware and vigilant (against it).

Simon

------------------------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-22949211

Healthcare regulator CQC 'may have covered up failings'

The healthcare regulator in England may have "deliberately" covered up knowledge of its own failings, according to a report due out later.

The review looked at the Care Quality Commission's response to complaints about several deaths of newborn babies at Furness General Hospital in Cumbria.

It identifies a "dysfunctional working relationship" within the organisation.

The CQC admits giving "false assurances to the public" in 2010 but said there was no evidence of a cover-up.

--------------------

In 2008, nine-day-old Joshua Titcombe died from a treatable infection after being born in the maternity ward of Furness General Hospital.

His death, and those of three other babies and two mothers, led to growing concerns about care standards and prompted a complaint to the CQC.

More than 30 families have taken legal action against Furness General Hospital relating to baby and maternal deaths and injuries.

<snip></snip>

Edited by simple simon, 19 June 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#2 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

btw, this link about Queens hospital (which is near to where I live) suggests that other hospital maternity units also have problems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-21678029

Queens in a 'private finance' building which has a fine looking modern entrance atria, but a bad reputation for healthcare. My dislike of it is also because another modern new-build hospital (King George) which is near where I live and very easy to reach (from here) is being run down and threatened with closure, and people around here are concerned that Queens is so much further away that in an emergency a person who might have survived had they been taken to King George would be dead by the time they get through the traffic to Queens.

Edited by simple simon, 19 June 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.