• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Around about 19th October Comet Sidings Spring will be having an encounter with Mars.

Although the comet is unlikely to actually crash into Mars it is expected to pass so close that there will be interactions which will be visible from Earth.

See here:

http://www.universet...ian-atmosphere/

I wonder... if its true that the US has people there, so are they going to be left there - no matter what the possible danger?

Simon
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#2 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

...also, since Mars will enter and pass through the comet's coma, so will there be electrical discharges between the two space bodies? If so what will be the side effects? could it affect Mars in a way which changes it and perhaps its atmosphere? Will there be a Martian version of the Biblical (Noah) flood - which ends up with Mars having flowing surface water again?

Simon (with other questions as well!)
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.