• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Let this be the start....

Simon

Croatia rolls out debt forgiveness for citizens

People can apply to have their debt erased under a one-time measure passed by the government last month 

Croatia’s poorest citizens may start applying today to have their debt erased under a one-time measure passed by the government last month. 

About 60,000 people with low incomes whose bank accounts have been frozen for at least a year and whose debt doesn’t exceed 35,000 kuna (€4,500) can participate, according to the government’s website. 

Applications are now open only to those who live on welfare, while debtors whose income is no greater than 2,500 kuna a month for a single person household or 1,250 kuna per family member may start applying on April 2. The deadline is June 30. Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic’s government introduced the measure ahead of this year’s general election after his Social Democrat party fell behind the opposition Croatian Democratic Union in opinion polls. 

---------------------------
More at link:

Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.