A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

WOUNDED SERVICEMEN BIKE TOUR

-WHAT AN INSPIRATION TO OTHERS AND THE MILITARY-THE

*’Sweeps’ NOTE:
…This was something special folks. On April 26-28, 2012, twenty servicemen and women wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan joined President George W. Bush for a 100 kilometer mountain bike ride in Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Talk about ‘likeability’…these guys and gals helped each other make it, did the whole BIKE THING with their disabilities and everything else…but President Bush at 66y/o was with them every part of the way. Now you can see it and get the photos/video/and commentary. Yep right here. Enjoy it…it is inspirational, and the VETS could use all the help they can get. Thanks/’S’

Attached File  WOUNDED VETS ON BIKE TOUR WITH PRES BUSH.jpg   100.55KB   6 downloads

The whole magilla web site is below…for photos and explanation of the trek, but then check out the ‘Wounded Warrior’ Video 2 next below:

www.w100k.com

Wounded Warrior Bike Tour VIDEO:

http://news.yahoo.co...r-29110780.html

#2 simple simon

simple simon

To me I'm me, but who am I really?

• High Member Forum Mask
  • 1,921 posts
  • Interests:wide range of interests... I once tried keeping an open mind on everything but things started to fall out through the opening and I've now reached the point where I don't want to lose any more sawdust.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Kudos to them for doing this, British wounded vets have also taken part in extreme activities comparable to what they did.

This is not the place for comments about why they became wounded etc, nor about the able-bodied celebrity who travelled with them.

Simon
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.

#3 skylark

skylark

A Chief Ufologiist

• Administrators
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

*'Sweeps' NOTE:
...Just passing this LINK below along, from Dr. Marc Siegal...who has some nice words about the 'BIKE TOUR' and what he observed. Hope this adds to whatever point of view the reader has on this.

Put up this Topic simply to draw attention to the NEED to do everything 'we' can to support the Troops. This is NON-Political, not a statement of support for anyone, but it is an expression of the terrible Armed Services policy of sending its 'soldier's/etc. back into battle zones repeatedly.

That's the sadness of a Volunteer Armed Forces. Think it's time to bring back the 'DRAFT', and have citizens required to learn how to Serve their Country and be trained in the skills necessary to 'take back their Country' if they have to.

We are in DANGER of losing our Country, its values, Constitutional Rights, and the Republic for which it all stands...and we will need MANY trained Armed personnel and citizens waiting for the call 'to arms' to do just that....Take back the Republic. Can't do that with an all volunteer Armed Forces/'S'

http://www.foxnews.c...unded-warriors/